Both iSpring Suite and ActivePresenter are professional e-learning authoring tools for Windows and Mac with amazing features for e-learning development. We’ve tried both of them for few months and discovered some differences between them. If you are wondering which program is better for creating your first e-learning course, you are in the right place now. Our below side-by-side comparison can help you to decide the best suitable program for your needs.
If you think our article is helpful to you and your partners, don’t hesitate to share our post. It’s a great way to encourage our writers to create more useful posts in the future.
Summary of what you can find here
- Overview about iSpring Suite and ActivePresenter
- Pricing comparison.
- Side-by-side comparison table between iSpring Suite and ActivePresenter.
- Differences between two programs.
- Editor’s conclusion.
Ok, let’s do it now!
iSpring Suite and ActivePresenter Overview
iSpring Suite is a fast and reliable PowerPoint’s add-in that you can use for creating adaptive e-learning courses for PC, Mac and mobile with extensive LMS support. The program is free to try within 14 days. After trial period, you are no longer able to use the program if you don’t purchase a license from this vendor.
ActivePresenter is a stand-alone rapid e-learning authoring software, meaning you also need to download and install the program on your computer: Windows or Mac before you can use it. Like iSpring Suite ActivePresenter is powerful enough for e-learning professionals to create responsive e-learning courses which are possible to run on any modern web browsers and any devices. This tool can also export your projects into HTML5 in SCORM and xAPI (Tin Can) that are widely supported by many Learning Management Systems (LMS). ActivePresenter is completely free to use for personal and none commercial purposes.
iSpring Suite and ActivePresenter Pricing Comparison
iSpring Suite full service package will cost $970/ year where you can get iSpring Suite at $720, iSpring Content Library at $397, iSpring Cloud at $297 and Priority Support + Unlimited upgrades for $794.
You can also choose to purchase iSpring Suite separately at $720 if you don’t really need their additional packages.
ActivePresenter Professional Edition (mainly used for creating e-learning courses) cost $399 per license/ lifetime with unlimited support and upgrades.
iSpring Suite and ActivePresenter Feature Comparison
|Vendor||iSpring Solution||Atomi Systems|
|License price||$720 per license||$399 per license|
|Software type||PowerPoint Add-in||Stand alone|
|Usability||Easy to use||Easy to use|
|Record screen||Basic||Advanced tools|
|Record full screen||No||Yes|
|Customize cursor path||No||Yes|
|Trim, crop video||Yes||Yes|
|Split, merge videos||No||Yes|
|Blur moving objects||No||Yes|
|Video transition||Fade in/ out only||Advanced|
|Split screen video||No||Yes|
|Adjust video speed||No||Yes|
|Chroma key/ Green screen effect||No||Yes|
|Highlight video area||No||Yes|
|Customized Java script/ CSS||No||Yes|
|Intuitive responsive design preview||No||Yes|
|Export video||WMV, MP4||MP4, AVI, MKV, WebM|
|Export to HTML5||Yes||Yes|
|Customize player settings||No||Yes|
|Login ID||Yes||Not require|
|Trial time||14 days||Free to use (with watermark on HTML5 output)|
|Best for||Training videos, presentation and responsive learning courses||Screencasting, how-to videos, product demos, software simulation, responsive learning courses|
So we have a table of features of both programs now. Can you recognize the differences between them? Here are what I found:
iSpring Suite and ActivePresenter differences
- iSpring Suite is only an PowerPoint add-in, meaning you need both Microsoft’s app and iSpring Suite to start creating your first learning course. ActivePresenter can work independently.
- ActivePresenter is 1/2 cheaper than iSpring Suite. You’ll get almost the same features with half price if you choose ActivePresenter.
- iSpring Suite has its own content library while ActivePresenter doesn’t. Anyway, it will cost $397 more if you don’t choose full service package from iSpring Solution.
- iSpring Suite offers 14 days as trial while ActivePresenter is free to use.
- ActivePresenter is more powerful than iSpring Suite in recording screen and editing video. The program comes along with many advanced editing tools that you can’t get in iSpring such as green screen effect, blur moving objects, convert text to speech, zoom and pan and many more.
- You can preview your courses in HTML5 in ActivePresenter locally without any LMS.
These are major differences between two programs we discovered until now. We will continue to try these programs and update more differences between them here.
Looking at the comparison table, you will easily recognize which is the better program in terms of pricing plan and functionalities. Anyway, in order to decide which program is better than the other, you will need to spend your own time working with it. No shortcut! If I were you, I would spend several days trying both of them. I hope the above information can help you decide which authoring tool is suitable for your business.
Elearning Supporter is the only place you can find honest reviews about e-learning software, video editors, screen recorders and HTML5 tools. Don’t forget to share with us your experiences with these programs at the comment box.