TechSmith Camtasia makes video editing simple and intuitive. Anyone can create informative, engaging videos. No video experience is needed. Current license price is $249 lifetime, includes 2 installations per user. Compatible with Windows and MacOS. Supports different language: English, French, German, Chinese or Japanese language versions
Get 10% off Camtasia discount coupon code to save your money when you buy this software at TechSmith’s online store now.
TechSmith Camtasia Review – 2018 Updates
TechSmith Camtasia is the world leading screencast software for decades and being trusted by millions of Windows and Mac users. Whether you want to create how-to videos, product demos or training videos, Camtasia is no doubt the best tool you can use. It has a powerful screen recorder that enables you to record everything from your computer’s screen to create video file with narration. Added to that, Camtasia’s built-in video editor is the most professional and simple to use video editing software to polish your footage and turn it into stunning and nice looking movies.
The best parts of TechSmith Camtasia
- Camtasia’s Screen Recorder: Camtasia lets you record full screen, customized resolution, record webcam, record audio and a locked application. You can also add and customize system stamp or caption in your recording. Camtasia’s real-time effects include: Pen, Arrow, Line, Eclipse, Frame, Highlight which you can chance color and width easily. Those tools are ideal for making how-to and training videos that many users want to have.
- Camtasia’s video editor: The 2nd part of TechSmith Camtasia is its built-in video editor where you can edit your recorded footage, add existing clips into the timeline for editing. By using Camtasia’s ready-made Annotations such as Callouts, Arrow & Lines, Shapes; transitions; behaviors and animations, you can create professional videos at minimum effort.
The downside of TechSmith Camtasia
- TechSmith does not provide a free version of Camtasia like some other professional video editing software developers do. You can’t use Camtasia after their 30 days trial period. If you want to continue using this software, you have to purchase a paid license.
- The price of Camtasia seems to be out of the reach of the amateurs. Camtasia’s paid version is $199 for new user as mentioned in the first paragraph of this post. It is not really pricey if you are professional video editor who often create and edit how-to video at daily basic.
The latest version of TechSmith Camtasia is Camtasia Studio 9 which comes with lots of up-to-date features and improvements. Here are our detail review about Camtasia Studio 9 which you may be interested in.
Camtasia Studio 9 Review
Camtasia Studio 9 is a professional, easy-to-use video editing software. It has some new cutting-edge features like the possibility to render video in 4K, UHD quality as well as numerous improvements in editing video, rendering video performance and many more. In today post, I will look at all of its features one by one. Stay tuned!
Update: Cyber Monday is over and Christmas is comming. Check out the best software deals for Christmast 2017 here!
For a versatile tool like camtasia it is not surprising that its user interface is quite busy with all the features displayed in the video editing window. However, the logical arrangement of TechSmith makes the user feel extremely comfortable while using this software.
If you’ve ever experienced Camtasia, I’m sure you know Camtasia’s strongest point is making and editing videos for training and marketing. It’s not about making Hollywood-style movies or interesting music video clips. With Camtasia Studio 9, TechSmith has added new great features to Camtasia and upgraded its old features to a new level. Before going into detail, I would like to point out the best features of Camtasia Studio 9 so that newbies can understand about this software correctly.
There is not much change in the interface of Camtasia Studio 9 in comparsion with Camtasia 8. It is a dark skin interface with back and white color.
Import video or record video from your screen/ webcam to edit
Camtasia Studio 9 work flow is as easy as counting 1-2-3. For example, in order to create a tutorial video or product demo, you’ll have to options i.e recording your screen or import your footage into the library on the left side of the interface, then drag it into the timeline for making your edits. Supported input formats are bananas.
Media Bin is the place to store your footage to edit as well as TechSmith’s Library which includes ready-made Icons, Vehicles, eLearning Brothers, Motion graphic and Music. You can use these templates by dragging them to the timeline.
- Animated backgrounds: You’ll have access to a variety of backgrounds that grab attention right from the start.
- Music tracks: Use music to set the mood of your video. All tracks are royalty free and safe to use on YouTube and Vimeo.
- Icons: Choose from hundreds of icons, or bring in your own straight from your computer.
- Motion graphics: Get lower thirds, intro slides, and more so you can start quickly and look great.
The multi-track timeline expands to fit all your projects. Split clips into two, remove portions of a clip, or delete one entirely. You can also add music, photos, narration, and more. As far as I can see, editing video in Camtasia Studio 9 is now becoming really simple. You don’t need to be experienced in video editing to create your own professional video. Anyone can make and share engaging videos with Camtasia. Upload your videos to YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, or Screencast.com. Make videos from start to finish in hours, not days.
- Multi-track Timeline: Build your videos quickly with multiple tracks for images, video, text, and audio.
- Annotations: Arrows, callouts, shapes, and more help you get your point across.
- Transitions Add an intro/outro to the beginning or end of a clip, image, shape, or text.
- Animations: Zoom, pan, or create your own custom motion effects.
- Voice Narration: A great way to add context to what you’re showing.
- Audio Effects: Add audio effects to recordings, music, or narration to enhance your video.
- Visual Effects: Adjust colors, add a drop shadow, change the clip speed, and more.
- Interactivity: Add quizzes to see who is watching your videos, and how much they’ve viewed.
- Green Screen: Put yourself in your video making it appear like you’re right in the action
Add video effects in Camtasia Studio 9
In Camtasia Studio 9, applying video effects, transition, behaviors, animated background, music and many more is a really easy work. Most of the time, you’ll only need to drag-and-drop the effect into the editing timeline to get it done. As TechSmith boasted”What you see is what you get. Every effect and element in your video can be dropped and edited directly in the preview window. And you can edit at resolutions up to beautiful 4K, for clear video at any size. Apply Behaviors that are perfectly designed to animate your text, images, or icons. Get a crisp, polished look without being a professional video editor.
Camtasia Studio 9 performance: Exceptional
Camtasia takes full advantage of your computer’s processor with 64-bit performance. You’ll get fast rendering times and enhanced stability—even on your most complex projects. In Camtasia Studio, it is more and more productive in creating training materials, educational content, product overviews, marketing videos, and more with hundreds of handpicked video elements. See how it works from this GIF picture.
Export & Sharing option in Camtasia Studio 9
Once you’ve done your job, Camtasia offers many options for video publishing such as: save video as MP4, AVI, WMV, GIF or MP4 (Audio only). In addition, it allows uploading directly to YouTube, Video, Google Drive and so on. The exporting and uploading speed is relatively fast compared to other professional video editing software.
- Click Share.. to export your video.
Technical support & Online tutorials
TechSmith has a very crowded user community where you can discuss about features, how-to videos. Their official YouTube channels has dozen of tutorial videos about Camtasia as well as other products of TechSmith.
- Microsoft Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, and Windows 10 (Required: 64 Bit versions only)
- 2.0 GHz CPU with dual-core processor minimum (Recommended: Quad-core i5 processor or better)
- 4 GB RAM minimum (Recommended: 8 GB or more)
- 2 GB of hard-disk space for program installation
- Display dimensions of 1024×768 or greater
- Microsoft .NET 4.6.0 or later version (included)
- Dedicated Windows-compatible sound card, microphone, and speakers (Recommended)
- Windows N requires the MediaFeature Pack for Windows N
- Mac computer with an Intel processor (Recommended: Dual core 2.0GHz or faster)
- macOS 10.10 or later Quartz Extreme support (rendering is not supported on external USB monitors)
- 2GB of RAM (Recommended: 4GB of RAM or greater)
- 4GB of available disk space (minimum)
- QuickTime X or later
- Playback using the Smart Player is supported on Internet Explorer 11+, Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari 9+, iOS 9+, Android 4+ (Latest Chrome required)
- Powerpoint Import requires PowerPoint 2016 for Mac
Pricing plan and where to download
For single user, Camtasia Studio 9 will cost $199 per license. If you already have Camtasia studio 8, you can upgrade to Camtasia Studio 9 at $99.5.
See Camtasia Studio 9 Pricing plan
Q: Is Camtasia free?
A: No, it is not! You can only try it within 30 days. All video will have a watermark.
Q: Can I add a clickable link on the video, edited by Camtasia?
A: Yes, you can.
Q: Can I add quizzes to the video?
Camtasia Studio 9 is not a cheap product. But you can be sure that it’s worth every penny you pay. Try this perfect product for editing videos and creating professional screencast and let’s us know your opinion. I love to hear from you!
Best alternatives to Camtasia – Read here!
Leave a Reply