Free screen recorders are great tools for people who often create instructional videos, screencasting videos or product demonstration, elearning lessons. There are many free screen recorders which you can be easily found on the internet. However, not all of them are save, easy to use.
Recently, we wrote about best free screen recorder for windows in our last post. We recommend you to spend some time reading it. There is lots of valuable information for you.
In this article, We will show you round about amazing features which free screen recorders can bring to you. It is not true for all software but commonly, it works for most of them. We have summarized these features by spending many hours using the most famous free screen recorders i.e: Icecreamapp, ActivePresenter, Screencast-o-matic and TinyTake. These are the most popular now as you can see the rank on search engine is very high. That is the reason why we picked these software.
Here are the keys features you need in a Free screen recorder
- Capturing screen Area – you can set up your desire recording area or full screen.
- Adjust screen resolution – You will need wide ranges of choices here. From basic resolution such as 400×300, 800×600 or 1600×900 and 720p HD or 1080p Full HD.
- Recording Audio and choose input device – choose your external audio device (a microphone).
- Choosing video format – Depend on the software.
- Customized storage location – You can select a place to store your videos/ project.
- Mouse cursor record: Is it easy to set up record mouse cursor or around area of the mouse?
- Setting up hotkeys: The softwafe has default hotkeys for recording function or possibility to customize hotkeys according to your demand.
- Notification when you start recording: Click the mouse or type are both ok.
- Pause recording: You may feel thirsty after a while continuous speaking. Break time is always important, right? Make sure the software allow you to have a break.
- Stop recording – By mouse click or hot key
So, these are 10 key functions that most free screen recorders should have. Be aware of some limitations in free screen recorders.
If you are looking for a free screen recorder for Windows/ Mac with the above mentioned features, take it easy! Read our below recommendations:
Top 4 free screen recording software for Window/ Mac
ActivePresenter is an all-in-one screen recording software for both Windows and Mac. It has all necessary feature to record on screen activities, full screen or customized area. It’s totally FREE and SAFE to download and install.
Moreover, Activepresenter offer many professional editing functions that you can not see in any other free video editors. In AP, all recorded videos are in appj file which allow users to edit the file and save to desired formats such as Mp4, MKV. AVI or WebM
2. Icecream Screen Recorder – Offline/ Mobile/ Windows
This is a tool that enables you to capture any area of your screen either as a screenshot or a video file. The intuitive and easy-to-use software offers a complete suite of tools and options for professional screen capture with audio. With Icecream screen recording software you can record webinars, games and Skype videos in HD, and much more. Although, it has recording time limitation in 15 mins only, but it is still a good choice for recording computer screen, even a webcam. There is no video editing tools is a drawback of Icecream recorder in comparison with Activepresenter.
3. Screencast O Matic – Online for Windows Vista + Later
Screencast O Matic is known as one of the most popular screencast software in the world. In their paid version, Screencast O matic is very strong at creating screencast videos. On the other hand, it is also a good screen recording software with basic recording functions. For examples, you can record computer screen or Webcam or both. While recording audio narration is possible but if you need to record system sound, you have update to paid version.
In Screencast O Matic, you can upload recorded videos directly to YouTube or Cloud if you want. Take a look at this free, online screen recording software!
4. TinyTake – Offline/ For Windows + Mac: Free
TinyTake is a free screen capture & video recording software for Microsoft Windows & Mac. With TinyTake, you can capture images and videos of your computer screen, add comments and share them with others in minutes.
In our opinion, free screen recording software is a simple tool, easy to use. Most of the free screen recorders have the same functions with very small differences. So, you don’t need to be so serious in choosing the best screen recording software for your work. Just pick up one of the above suggestion.
Feel helpful, please share with your friends.
Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need our advice.
Have a nice time.