Dear Readers, this post had been outdated since we wrote a new article about the best video editor for Windows and Mac with many more free and paid tools for you here! Please ignore this post and read our new one. Please apologize us for your inconvenience!
In the world of screencast, video editing software play important role to any professional screencast. It is not only help teachers, trainers to save time and money as well as increase productivity.
Today, I recommend to you one of the most powerful video editing software for screencast and elearning purposes that works on both Windows and Mac operating system.
ActivePresenter – Best Video Editor for Screencast & Elearning
Millions of users are using ActivePresenter everyday for screen recording, make amazing screencast videos and create interactive elearning lessons with greate pleasure. Our users include teachers, trainers, marketing staff, software creator (who want to make a software simulation demonstration). All of them are extremely satisfied with what we brought to them in ActivePresenter. That is proved by thounsands of suggestion from the most famous review website around the world. In today article, we would like to guide you through the most interesting features of our software: Editing videos for screencast & elearning purposes.
In video editing, sometimes you may want to remove unwanted video/audio parts, rearranging positions of parts within a video or copying/ cutting a particular part and paste it into other places. ActivePresenter allows you to do that thanks to Copy/Cut/Delete/Crop command. In this article, I will introduce you how to use these commands in detail. Visually, you can watch our below instructional video.
Video editing features in ActivePresenter
- Audio & Video Editing: Edit audio and video instantly without quality loss. Supported operations includes: cut, delete, crop, join, split, blur, change volume, insert freeze frame.
- Shapes: There are dozens of shapes to choose from. Changing the form and hotspot of a shape just by dragging mouse.
- Style (Color & Effect): Create polished and high quality screencast videos and training simulations with various line/fill/text styles and shadow effects.
- Interactivity: The flexible event-action mechanism with rich event and action types allows defining different learning scenarios based on viewers’ responses at each step.
- Quizzes: Create virtually any kind of assessments or surveys by using 9 quiz types.
- Slide Pool & Randomization: Create professional random quizzes with slide pools & random slides to avoid viewers from remembering and predicting answers.
- Multiple Media Layers: Insert multiple videos, audios onto a slide.
- Blur: Hide the sensitive information in video or image with Blur effect
- Text To Speech: Convert text in any shape/object or closed captions to speech using installed SAPI 5 Text To Speech engines on Windows. Add more voices to make attractive tutorials.
- Zoom-n-Pan: Guide the viewer to different parts of the screen by using Zoom-n-Pan. This makes a smoother transition when changing focused area.
- Cursor Path: Emulate the cursor movement with flexible cursor path. Add more visual to cursor path with highlight and click sound.
- Closed Caption: Provide more information, make audio transcriptions, support for people with disabilities with Closed Caption.
- Spotlight: Draw viewer/learner attention to a specific region with Spotlight. It is possible to apply shape and style to a Spotlight.
- Image Editing: Built-in image editor with transparency support allows modifying any image quickly and easily.
- Transitions & Animations: Attract viewer/learner by applying effects to slides and objects. There are several transition effects to choose from: Fade, Fly, Wipe, and Peak.
- Backup: Prevent losing data when the power failed or system crashed with backup capabilities.
- Protection: Protect the project in the shared environment with a secure password.
- Spell Checker: Ensure the quality of content by using spell checking feature. It is very necessary when working with text.
You may want to read:
- Activepresenter Review
- Top 5 best screencast software for 2017.
- Best rapid elearning authoring software for 2017.