Those of us who are actively involved in the elearning are well aware of the advantages elearning can provide to an organization, and to the individual, and in the past year or so, these advantages are becoming recognized among the general public. With a reasonable elearning software, every one can become an online teacher or tutor.
The flexible nature of elearning means that we are likely to encounter it in everyday life. Some people seek it out in for additional learning opportunities, and for career advancement. While others may accidentally stumble upon it when watching a short training on their smartphone about their latest application.
Simply put, elearning is everywhere, and it certainly comes with some pretty awesome advantages.
7 Advantages of Elearning
Elearning enables us to quickly create and communicate new policies, training, ideas, and concepts. Be it for entertainment or formal education, elearning is nimble!
Capacity and Consistency
Using elearning allows educators to achieve a great degree of coverage for their target audience, and it ensures that the message is communicated in a consistent fashion. This results in all learners receiving the same training.
High Learning Retention
Blended learning approaches result in a higher knowledge retention rate. It also helps that coursework can be refreshed and updated whenever needed.
Time and Money Savings
This one is pretty well known, and a staple of any well-done elearning program. Elearning reduces time away from the workplace, eliminates the need for travel, and removes the need for classroom-based training.
Activity and ROI Measurements
If you are using a learning management system to deliver your elearning, then tracking learner progress is a piece-of-cake, and reporting on this activity is just as simple.
Reduction of the Carbon Footprint
By leveraging elearning for online testing and quizzing, the need for printing out paper-based assessments is reduced, in fact it’s practically eliminated altogether!
Using elearning, you can give employees and students the freedom to learn at their own convenience, and at a pace that is right for them. Staff can be trained in remote locations and in a consistent fashion as anyone receiving on-site training.
Need a rapid elearning authoring tool? Try ActivePresenter!
ActivePresenter Profesional is a complete all-in-one screen recorder, video editor and interactive elearning authoring software available for both Windows and macOS.
With ActivePresenter, making a professional screencast, a training video or an interactive elearning course is as easy as 1 – 2 – 3: Record, Edit and Export!
- Record screen in crystal-clear quality
- Built-in Advanced Audio/Video Editing
- Easily create interactive elearning contents in HTML5
- Support for SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004 and xAPI (Tin Can API)
Smart screen recorder for Windows and Mac
- Record everything on your computer screen with crystal-clear video quality.
- Record system audio and audio from microphone simultaneously.
- Record as full-motion movie or as slide-based step-by-step.
- Automatic mouse-click effects and annotation generation.
- Create interactions automatically by recording your keyboard & mouse actions.
Advanced elearning authoring software
- Engage your learners/viewers with branching scenarios.
- Create unique content with interactions, events, and actions.
- Advanced audio/video editing: Cut, Crop, Join, Change Volume, Speed Up, Slow Down, Blur.
- Multi-track audio/video editing.
- Adding animation and animation effects to your videos.
- Annotate your videos with: auto-shapes, images, zoom-n-pan, video overlays, gesture effects.
Leave a Reply