HitFilm 4 Express has all the tools you need to create a nice looking videos from multiple footage. It has an intuitive user interface that you can learn to use in few minutes. While his brothers Hitfilm Pro is a great, powerful video editing software for making Hollywood film like what are showing on the slide show above, but it cost $329, this free version is missing the possibility to export project to various formats like other tools that we reviewed. The only option is to upload the project directly to YouTube. That’s why we vote it as a free video editor for YouTube only.
- MP4 H.264 Import & Export
- AVCHD Import (requires HitFilm Pro or Premium formats)
- QuickTime Import (QuickTime install required on Windows)
- AVI, M2T, M2TS, MTS, MXF (DVCPro HD), DV, HDV, WMV Video Import
- HitFilm Pro also supports OpenEXR, Apple ProRes (Mac), GoPro CineForm (Win)
- Windows PC – 64-bit version of Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10
- Apple Mac – OS X 10.10 Yosemite, OS X 10.11 El Capitan or macOS 10.12 Sierra
- Internet connection required for online activation and web services
- Intel Core i3, Core i5, Core i7 or AMD equivalent
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended)
- Graphics processor with at least 512 MB video memory.
- 2GB or more recommended for 4K UHD.
- Earliest graphics cards HitFilm supports:
NVIDIA GeForce 9 Series (2008)
AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series (2009)
Intel HD Graphics 4000 (GT2) (2012)
Free editing and visual effects software with no time limit and no subscription fee
• Includes both editing and 3D compositing
• Multiple tracking option, proxies, and more
• Motion design & basic titling
• 140+ built-in 2D and 3D effects available, including green screen removal and color grading
• Available effect packs extend features into specific areas (HF Pro features and After Effects filters)
• Available for both Mac and PC
• Free tutorials, community forum, and dedicated customer support
• Developed to run on consumer level laptops as well as more pro hardware
• GPU acceleration and 64-bit architecture
New in HitFilm 4 Express:
• Upgraded editing timeline enhancements for playback controls & workflow
• Audio tools, including audio reverse, echo, doppler shift, and balance
• Major new effects add to the toolkit, including curves, lightning, and end credits crawl
• New speed controls for simple slow motion
• New animation features include tech from HitFilm 4 Pro
Tutorial Video for Beginners
This tutorial video from Mostly Tech showing exactly what you can do in Hitfilm 4 Exprress. Take a look before you download it.
If you want to make videos for your YouTube channel and don’t want to export to other file format, you can absolutely use Hitfilm 4 Express. If not, you can try other free video editor like Shotcut, Lightworks or VSDC we’ve posted recently. Get back to Free Video Editor category here!
Thanks for being here and remember to follow us for more valuable post notifications in the future.