Looking for the best professional video editing software for Windows/ Mac/ Linux? Look no further! We’ve compiled an ultimate list of the most professional video editing software right in this article. Read our reviews, pricing detail, demo and where to download these programs to start creating stunning videos now!
Professional video editing program is extremely a complicated program that you need to learn and practice day by day to get familiar with it. It’s not easy task to figure out which professional video editing software is best for you because of so many options on the market nowadays. There are many programs that look similar, but they are not. That’s what we come in today. We’re here to help you choose the best professional video editing software for your needs whether you own a low-end computer or a powerful all-in-one laptop on Windows, Mac or Linux. Before going to details, make sure that you understand correctly about professional video editing software:
- Professional video editing software is not everything you need to create million-views videos on YouTube or Hollywood blockbusters films. It’s just a necessary tool for you to make video editing faster, more efficient than other software only.
- Professional software is not always easy to use if you have never used it. You will not be able to fully understand all of its features in a short time. So do not give it up too fast, experience it long enough to grasp its key features.
- If you are confused between two similarly priced software, do not hesitate to try both. Contact their support team if you have any question in mind. Ask if you meet technical issues like crashing or not responding faults.
- Finally, professional video editing software for filmmakers are way more expensive than other common use programs. Don’t touch them if you are not going to join film editing industry.
Okay, let’s dive deep into the details now!
10+ Best professional video editing software for Any Budget and platform in 2018
These video editing software are designed specially for making screencast videos. They come in with a HD screen recorder and video editor with annotation tools. You can cut, split and merge video, add text title to video, closed captions, chroma key, subtitle and many thing more in just one program.
The first and most professional video editing software I recommend teachers, educators and YouTubers to use is ActivePresenter. It’s an all-in-one program you can use to create instructional videos on Windows and Mac. This software meets all basic and advanced needs of a screen recorder, screencast video editor and rapid e-learning authoring tool. Anyone can learn to use ActivePresenter quickly, even with the novices. ActivePresenter is free to download and use without any limitation. Read our detail review of ActivePresenter here.
Free Edition includes these following features
- Advanced recording features: Full Motion Recording, Smart Capture
- Video editing: Cut, Crop, Join, Change Volume, Speed Up, Slow Down
- Multiple Audio/Video Layers
- Rich annotations: Shapes, Image, Zoom-n-Pan, Closed Caption, Cursor Path, Audio/Video Overlays
- Smart Annotation
- Themes & Templates
- Export to: MP4, WebM, MKV, AVI, WMV.
Standard Edition ($199 per license) includes Free edition features plus
- Export to: MP4, WebM, MKV, AVI, WMV
- Export to: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Adobe PDF, HTML
- Commercial Use
- Advanced Audio/Video Effects: Fade In, Fade Out, Noise Reduction, Blur, Green Screen.
Pro Edition ($399) for eLearning includes more features
- HTML5 Export
- Fully Responsive Design
- Interactions: Button, Mouse Click, Text Input, Drag & Drop, Keystroke
- Quiz: 9 Types of Questions
- Report & Tracking in LMS (SCORM, xAPI)
Like ActivePresenter, Camtasia Studio 9 is a professional, optimized video editing software for making screencast. You can use it for creating tutorials and product demonstration rapidly. Camtasia Studio 9 with new update features with a newly designed easy-to-use interface and the possibility to rend video in 4K, UHD quality as well as numerous improvements in comparison with Camtasia 8 make it worth trying for all of us. It keeps all the advanced functions of Camtasia 8 such as: great quality capturing and editing tools to make elegant, nice looking videos. The cost of Camtasia Studio 9 stands at $199 is not a big issue if you really need a professional software for your daily work. Take a look at our review and see how to make stunning videos with Camtasia Studio 9.
Our 3rd choice, VSDC is the lowest cost, professional video editing software you can use for making screencast videos on Windows. It is really similar to ActivePresenter with the cost $19.99. Do you believe that? See below our brief overview about VSDC.
VSDC free video editor is one of the most interesting, brilliant free video editors that works on Windows we’ve ever reviewed. It provides all necessary tools to create instructional tutorial videos, attractive movies that everyone can learn easily. While the free version has all features you need, Pro version will only cost $19,99 is such a real bargain.
You can create home movies and slideshows using essential montage tools. The intuitive interface makes working with Video Editor a breeze: just import videos and photos, trim and enhance individual segments, apply a soundtrack or voice-over, insert text, and add atmosphere with stylish filters and animated transitions! Save your completed movie in a range of popular formats, optimized for playback on mobile devices and online sharing.
Movavi Video Editor is a powerful yet easy-to-use video processing program for Windows. Cut and join video clips with zero quality loss, apply stylish video effects and filters, add music, titles, and much more! Despite its extensive functionality, Movavi’s video editing software is very easy to work with: take a pinch of fantasy, mix it with some free time, and you’ll have a Hollywood-like video with a lot less effort. Download the program, review the information on this page – and your path to fame has for sure begun! Movavi has two version for Windows, one Movavi video editor for personal at $39,95 and Movavi video editor for Business at $79,95 which are good deal for professionals but not amateurs.
AVS Video Editor is an easy video editing program. Create, edit video, capture video/ make a video slideshow/ cut, merge, trim video files/ save to any format. AVS video editor can work on Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, 2003, Vista (no Mac OS/Linux support).
AVS Video Editor supports all key video formats. Edit & save video files in AVI, VOB, MP4, DVD, WMV, 3GP, MOV, MKV, using popular codecs H.264, MPEG-4, H.263 etc. Process video with different frame sizes: HD, Full HD, 2K Quad HD and 4K Ultra HD
VideoEditor, developed by Voilabits, is a handy new tool that lets you edit videos easily and quickly! Cut and merge various clips, apply special effects, trim, crop, rotate video and much more. Convert for any popular player device and share anywhere. The price $39.99 per license is really a great deal for a professional video editing software for Mac.
- Get awesome experience to edit movie on Mac with a bunch of funny features
- Cut and merge your home clips into a new movie easily like an expert
- Personalize and spice videos with crop, trim, music, filter, webcam, ect.
- Convert for plackback on popular smartphones/Tablets, and share to YouTube, Facebook, etc.
Filmora Video Editor is one of the most easy to use, professional video editing software we have ever reviewed in its lineup. Filmora provides Full feature mode for more control of the project and Simple Mode for creating video quickly. Simple mode allows you to import video, arrange your story by drag-n-drop, insert background music, choose a theme for video and click Export. It will take around 5-10 minutes to create a movies to upload. The speed of exporting file impressed us. If you want more controls on your project, then you get into Full feature mode that allows you to access to full editing tools arranged above the timeline track.
VideoPad video editor is a simple to use, intuitive video editor for creating professional videos quickly that you can trust. It is a cross platforms editor (Windows, Mac and Android) which can capture video from various file formats and devices. VideoPad has a really friendly, classic and intuitive editing interface that everyone can learn quickly. You will have a menu bar on top of the editing window to control the whole project while clips, audio and image are placed on the left of the window. You also have a preview window on the right of the windows and a timeline at the bottom. All major editing buttons are displayed with a small icon, you can recognize it easily.
10. PowerDirector 15 Ultimate – Best professional video editor for 360 editing
PowerDirector 15 Ultimate is developed by Cyberlink and become more and more popular now adays. This is a simple to use but professional video editing software. With an Action Camera Centre, lots of effects, multicam editing capability, 360 degree true view designer. TrueTheater® Color makes it easy to create Hollywood-style videos with just a click, dynamically adjusts the color saturation in video, intelligently recognizes skin tones in footage and applies only subtle adjustments to these areas, while protecting skin tone from distortion.
HitFilm 4 Express has all the tools you need to create a nice looking videos from multiple footage. It has an intuitive user interface that you can learn to use in few minutes. While his brothers Hitfilm Pro is a great, powerful software for making Hollywood film like what are showing on the slide show above, but it cost $329, this free version is missing the possibility to export project to various formats like other tools that we reviewed. The only option is to upload the project directly to YouTube.
12. Vegas Pro 15 – $599- View on Magix
The video software VEGAS Pro Edit provides complete, modern editing tools in a lean, logical interface to help you realize your highest creativity. Customize your working environment into the perfect layout with unprecedented flexibility to achieve your most fluid creative flow. Slash production time dramatically with leading-edge hardware acceleration. Leverage exacting video editing tools to cut all popular input formats faster than you ever thought possible. Perform powerful color grading and correction with today’s most important color science advancements. Robust finishing tools put sophisticated compositing, industry-standard audio production, and delivery to all important formats right at your fingertips all within the same intuitive interface.
13. Hitfilm Pro -$314 View it on Amazon
Pro‐level editing. Superpowered visual effects. Next generation films. HitFilm Pro 2017 is a unique mix of video editing, visual effects and 3D compositing all in one product. Includes 3D object rendering, a powerful particle simulator, over 500 customizable visual effects and presets, professional color grading, industry-standard BorisFX titling and over 150 creative plugins for use in other video software.
14. Adobe Premier Pro CC -$239.88 – View it on Amazon
Edit video faster and more fluidly than ever before with the powerful, more connected Adobe Premiere Pro CC. Dozens of brand-new features, including a redesigned timeline, improved media management, and streamlined color grading, allow you keep the focus on your creative work.
Because Adobe Premiere Pro CC is part of Creative Cloud, you get immediate and exclusive access to all the latest updates and new features as soon as they’re released, and you always control when to download and install them. You can also conveniently sync settings between your computers; tap into a free and growing library of expert training videos from Adobe and others; and showcase your work on Behance.
Download, install, and run the full version on your own computer, and conveniently manage your subscription from your games and software library.
With an intuitive interface and an unrivaled feature set, PowerDirector delivers high-end performance editing for both standard and 360º video. Built to be flexible, yet powerful, PowerDirector remains the definite video editing solution for anyone, whether they are beginners or professional.
- Movies in Minutes with Express Projects
- Introducing: 360º Video Stabilization
- Intelligent Color Correction
- Extreme Editing at the Action Camera Center
- True 360 View Deisgner
- Express Color Grading with LUTs
- Video Collage Designer
- Smoother Previews, Faster Exporting
- Premium Plug-ins and Templates
16. Pinnacle Studio 21 Ultimate – $89.99 – View it on Amazon.
Edit your media your way with the power, creativity and control of Pinnacle Studio 21 Ultimate video editor – our best just got better! Pinnacle Studio Ultimate delivers the tools you need to create pro-like videos, including premium effects from NewBlue FX. With powerful features like new Morph transitions, Split Screen video, Multi-Camera video editing and more, you can create HD and 4K videos with the controls, filters and precision you need to edit like a pro. Get the controls you need and go beyond what you thought possible with Pinnacle Studio Ultimate!
Need To Know Our Recommendations?
As we mentioned at the beginning of this topic, there is no best software for all. So consider your goals, your budget, your video editing skills to pick the best one for you.
- Get ActivePresenter if you are in need of making professional presentation video, product demonstrations, software simulations or training videos.
- Get Filmora Video Editor for making short movies, music video clips or marketing videos.
- Get Camtasia Studio 9 if you are in need of a professional training video tools with ready-to use set of callouts and annotations for e-learning development.
- Use VEGAS Pro 15 when you are hunting for a simple to use film editing program with intuitive interface and smart workflow for beginners.
We know that there are still more professional video editing software out there. However, of all the software we’ve reviewed, these are the most professional programs you should try. Share with us your opinion and don’t forget to follow us to receive more valuable post notifications in the future.