Learn how to customize your website posts to get higher rank on Google in 2017 from an amateur
To rank at the first page of Google search result has never been easy. No matter who you are: SEO professional or amateur. As you know, rank on the first page of Google search result is the only way you can improve sales and get more customers. At least, that was what I’ve heard from professional SEOers.
In today post, I will share with you my experience on “How to customize your website posts to improve your keywords rank on Google in 2017” and the upcoming year 2018. I intend to write a 5000~ 7000 thousand words to cover all of my SEO experience. But finally, I decided to separate my story into 4 or 5 part to make it easy for readers to follow. So, this article is a part of a long story I want to tell you.
Few more words, I am not a professional SEOer but more like a software addicted guy. So, I cannot guarantee that you will rank on the first page immediately, but it will be sooner or later for sure.
How to customize your website posts to improve your keywords Google rank in 2017?
As far as I know, Google is the biggest search engine in the world right now. It has impact on almost every aspect of the world economy. It is really common sense all over the world that “if you don’t know something, Google”, “if you want to buy anything, Google”. So, it would be perfect if your products/services present on the first page of Google. Here are some of my advices for you to optimize your post to get higher rank on Google in 2017.
- Your content must be 100% fresh. Don’t try to make use of copy & paste feature on your computer. Google will never trust you if you can’t feed them a piece of fresh content. Why? Plagiarism is the things Google hate most. They created an algorithm to protect themselves from this kind of action. Believe me! If you can’t write fresh content, ask someone else to do that instead of stealing somewhere on the internet.
- Optimized for SEO or for Customers? This is not a big deal. But a very common mistake happen that writers are concentrate too much on SEO and forget the main point that you have to write something that your customers want to read NOT Google. Why? They are afraid that if the content is not optimized for Google, their content will not be presented on search result. That is true somehow but not 100% if you have the information your customers (or visitors) really want to read. So, follow my simple advise on how to write good SEO content from my previous post: How to write great content for your website. That’s easy, right? But, in fact, you can double check these small tips to get it right.
- Post format: I prefer a picture at the beginning of the post and then 1 or 2 paragraph for opening where I write some information about the content I going to show to customers. After that is the post body where I often write about 600 ~ 800 words, divided into 3 or 4 paragraph depending on the story I want to tell my customers. The bottom line is the place I summarize my post and ask my customers to give feedback about the post or ask them to share my content.
- Post title and excerpt: You should always spend some time to think about your post title and excerpt before starting to write. It is absolutely an important Google ranking factor since it will crawl your content from the beginning to the end. A good title has to be related to the content you write.
- Heading tag: This is not really a big deal. If you follow my site, you can easily recognize that my post contains only H2, H3 or maybe some H4 tag. I don’t spend too much time on formatting the heading in the post. I just use them so that my customers can read the content easily.
- Body of the post: I’ve never tried to stuff keywords to the content of the post. And I know that I was so lucky that I didn’t do that. If you intend to stuff your content with keywords, then you should stop. It will harm your site and get hated by Google for sure.
- Build internal links on your post: If you need to guide your customer to somewhere on your site or to a specific resource, don’t hesitate to put an anchor text at the right place.
- How about publishing your website content? Frequently or whenever you want? I know that many SEOers will advise you to public your website content frequently like: 2 post per day, 5 posts the next day and 10 posts the other day blah blah. That’s extremely an impossible mission, right. How about me, you ask? Well, I don’t really care about the frequency of my post as well as when I should publish it. I usually public my post once it is finished, maybe 3 days, 5 days 1 post or sometimes 5 posts a day. Yes, that’s the way I am doing and the result is not so bad. This means that Google will not 100% care about the frequency of your post, actually. Okay, then here is what I normally do with my post after I wrote a post.
- Keyword tracking: After publishing your content, it is very important that you figure out its ranking. I often manually search in incognito browser to see the position of my post on Google search result. That is the most precise way to know your keyword rank. So, firstly, you publish your post, and secondly check Google rank. You will need a reliable Rank checker if you have more and more posts from time to time. For me, I also use SEO POWERSUITE for tracking my keyword position. This is a free tool for SEO that you can also make use of its rank checker as well as Web Auditor or links check.
- Modify your content: I strongly advise that you should read your content again and again to keep it up-to-date and modify your content if necessary. It is a common way that someone publishes a post and edits it after few days. Google will love you if you often do that.
- Never modify URL: There is 1 thing you should never modify is the URL of the post. If you change the URL, your post will be re-considered by Google and the rank it deserves to get will disappear for sure.
- Modify anything: You can modify any part of your content, including the title, Meta tag (post excerpt), post format, body… except the URL as said.
These are all of my experience in customizing a website post to get higher rank on Google. I know that there are many thing such as: building back links, share on social channel, and drive traffic to the site…blah blah as what professional SEOers often advise you to do. But, I simply ignore these stuffs because I cannot do everything at the same time. So, I decided to put my heart to the King of SEO – Great content!!!
How about you? Do you format your post like the way I did? Share with me!
Remember to follow us to receive more valuable post notifications in the future.