As you know, ActivePresenter is one of the most professional screen recording software at present time. However, some of you may not know that this program provides some special features for creating screencast & elearning courses rapidly. Here are the list of 10 unique features in ActivePresenter you may not forget.
Top 5 Unique Features of ActivePresenter Video Recording Software
1. Recording video
As a professional screen recording software, the first and most important feature of ActivePresenter is its possibility to record full high definition video from your computer. The program allows you to record full screen or customized part and audio or system sound. You can also record mouse cursor, make Cursor editable for full motion recording or record a locked application.
- Smart Capture: Capture screen when mouse clicked or key pressed. Each action is captured as a slide which explains in detail what the viewer should follow to master the lesson.
- Full Motion Recording: Record screen as a full-motion video and embed it in a slide for further editing with annotations, voice-over, zoom-n-pan, closed captions, and animation effects.
- Webcam Recording [New]: Record screen and webcam at the same time or record webcam videos separately, all depending on your need.
- Microphone & Speakers Recording: Record system audio and audio from microphone simultaneously while recording screen. Recording voice-overs and narration separately is also available.
- Lossless Quality Record with the lossless video codec to ensure the highest quality (100%) in the overall editing process. H.264 lossy codec is also available.
2. Taking Screenshot
Taking a screenshot from your screen with ActivePresenter seems to be as easy as eating a sweet candy. You can take screenshot of a window, an object, full screen and application or region. It is also possible to capture window shadow, process rounded corner or using Opaque background.
3. Annotating Video and Image: Shapes, text caption, highlight, spotlight, gesture… and more
With lots of shapes: basic forms, callouts, block arrows, stars and many more, you can add any kind of annotation to your video and image rapidly. Add highlight, spotlight when you want to drive your viewers’ attention to a specific part of your video or image. ActivePresenter can help you to do it quickly.
- Smart Annotation: Automatically generate the description from the action and target application and insert into slide properly. Make contents almost ready to publish for a quick tutorial.
- Shapes & Freeform [Enhanced]: Choose from dozens of shapes. Draw custom vector shapes and paths using the freeform Shape and Scribble tools.
- Style (Color & Effect): Make polished and high-quality screencast videos and training simulations with various line/fill/text styles and shadow effects.
- Spotlight: Draw viewer attention to a specific region with Spotlight. It is possible to apply shape and style to a Spotlight.
- Image Editing: Built-in image editor with transparency support allows modifying any image quickly and easily.
4. Editing Video/Audio
ActivePresenter is not only a simple screen recording software but also a powerful video editor. It has all necessary tools for editing video such as: cut, trim, split, merge video clips as well as advanced video editing features such as Chroma key, blur moving objects, Zoom-n-pan, picture in picture, split screen and more.
- Transitions & Animations [Enhanced]: Attract viewers/learners by applying effects to slides and objects. A wide variety of stunning transition and animation effects are available.
- Zoom-n-Pan: Guide the viewer to different parts of the screen by using Zoom-n-Pan. This makes a smoother transition when changing focused area.
- Blur: Hide sensitive information in videos or images by blurring moving and static (non-moving) objects.
- Text To Speech: Convert text in any shape/object or closed caption to speech using system Text To Speech engines. Add more voices to make attractive tutorials.
- Object Templates [New]: Create object templates from objects and object groups to reuse them within a project or across different projects.
- Green Screen Effect for Video [New]: Integrate live-action footage to enhance video presentations by layering two images/videos together based on chroma range.
5. Create Responsive eLearning Projects
With ActivePresenter 7, it is now possible to create responsive elearning projects. Now you can design fully-responsive, mobile-ready eLearning contents. Easily convert regular projects to responsive ones. Here are some of the best features of ActivePresenter for elearning content authors:
- Conditional Actions & Advanced Interactions [New]: Create complex event-based interactions from one or multiple conditions. Add greater interactivity for your advanced interactions or eLearning games.
- Multiple States for Objects [New]: Convert any object into a multi-state object. Develop interactive contents easily without using multiple objects or “hide and show” technique.
- Spell Checker: Ensure the quality of content by using spell checking feature. It is very necessary when working with text.
- Variables [New]: Add extra functionality with variables. Use variables to label and store information to be referenced and used throughout the project.
- Quizzes: Create virtually any kind of assessments or surveys with nine different types of questions.
- Web Fonts for HTML5 [New]: Use any font to create elegant contents which are consistent on any device.
- Interactivity: The flexible event-action mechanism with rich event and action types allows defining different learning scenarios based on viewers’ responses at each step.
- Multiple Timelines [New]: Create multiple timelines for a single slide to contain different animations of the same object. Use actions to play additional timelines to design rich interactions.
- Slide Pool & Randomization: Design professional random quizzes with slide pools & random slides to prevent viewers from remembering and predicting answers.
- Themes & Templates [New]: Use well-designed themes and templates to quickly create a new project.
- Protection: Protect the project in the shared environment with a secure password.
- Table of Contents for HTML5 [New]: Give your audience an overview of the project and quick navigation by including a table of contents.
- HTML5 Preview [New]: Preview interactive contents in browser with a single click.
- Backup: Prevent data loss when a power failure or a system crash occurs with backup capabilities.
- Configurable Hotkeys: Some target applications have already registered the common hotkeys. In that case, configurable hotkeys are vital to make a complete recording session.
These are top 5 unique features of ActivePresenter you may want to know. If you want to learn more about this program, take a look at our full review about ActivePresenter in this post. This is a free program which means you can download and try it promptly without any limitation.
Leave a Reply