Free screen recorders come in handy when you want to create software tutorials, online training videos, or simply to show other people what’s happening on your computer’s screen. It’s a lot easier than writing an endless operational manual.
I’ve compiled a list of 5 best free screen recorders without watermark, no time limit for you in this article to save your time and effort. These programs are powerful enough for making how-to videos, software tutorials, or online training videos like any other premium screen recorders out there.
Top 5 Free Screen Recorders Without Watermark For Windows/Mac users
|Name||ActivePresenter||VSDC||OBS Studio||Apowersoft||Screencast O Matic|
|Compatible||Windows/Mac||Windows||Windows/ Mac/Linux||Web Application||Web application|
Full HD (1080p)
|Full HD (1080p)||Full HD (1080p)||Full HD (1080p)||Full HD (1080p)|
|Add text, shapes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Time limit||No||No||No||No||15 mins|
|Ease of use||9/10||9/10||7/10||9/10||9/10|
|Installation package||Click here||Click here||Click here||Click here||Click here|
|Our review||Click here||Click here||Click here||Click here||Click here|
Similar article: Top 10 Best Screen Recorder For Creating High Quality Screencast Videos.
Okay! Let’s dive into the detail now!
Top 5 Free Screen Recorder No Watermark No Time Limit For Windows/ Mac
1. ActivePresenter: No Watermark – No Time Limit – Windows & Mac
ActivePresenter is a powerful, free screen recorder that allows you to capture your desktop in full HD quality without leaving a watermark on your recorded videos. You are able to record screen on Windows 7, 8x, 10 and macOS X with ActivePresenter. There is no recording time limitation too. After finish recording, you can also edit recorded video in slide-based interface and finally, export it into various output files such as AVI, MP4, MKV or WebM.
This program is ideal for making screen-casts, training videos, how-to tutorials, product demos, software simulations or e-learning courses. If you want to discover more about it, read our full review of ActivePresenter here!
- Simple, intuitive interface.
- Record video in full screen or customized region, a locked application with internal, external audio device or system sound.
- Record webcam.
- Record cursor path, customizing hotkeys, adding annotations: shapes, lines, callouts, arrow, text, highlight or spotlight effect.
- Capture screenshot and add annotations to image.
- No watermark, no time limit.
- Advanced video editing tools: Text-to-speech, blur moving object, cut, trim, join, merge clips or audio adjustment, Chroma key.
- Exporting video into AVI, MP4, WebM, MKV, MOV.
- Upload and share video directly to YouTube.
- Recorded video need to be exported again once finished.
Closest competitor: Camtasia Studio 9
Camtasia Studio 9 is a professional screencast software which includes a high quality screen recorder and a great video editor. It offers 30 days free-trial and $199 per license for both Windows & Mac version.
2. VSDC Free Screen Recorder – No Watermark – No Time Limit – Windows
The 2nd free screen recorder that will not leave a watermark on your recorded video is VSDC Free screen recorder. This free screen recorder is included in VSDC free video editor. It is simple to use with intuitive interface. You can grab your desktop videos and audios in high quality without having to worry about watermark issue. It is similar to ActivePresenter in some ways. While recording you can activate drawing tool to add annotations, shapes, highlight, text and so on. Although VSDC free screen recorder does not provide video editing tools like ActivePresenter, but you can use their free video editor to edit the video easily.
- Easy to use and lightweight.
- Possible to record full screen, record fixed area, record multiple monitor.
- Record audio, webcam.
- Setting desired output format for video in PCM or MPEG4 max. 30fps.
- Record mouse cursor, apply cursor effect: highlight, overlay..etc.
- Add annotations while recording.
- Create mouse position and key press tracking maps
- Export video in full HD without watermark, without time limit.
- Can’t take screenshots.
- Not possible to upload video directly.
Closest competitor: Mirillis Action Screen Recorder
Action Screen recorder is also a 30 days trial software. It is A simple to use, high quality screen recorder for recording desktop’s screen, game-play and taking screenshot quickly. Its price is $29.95/ license.
3. OBS Studio
OBS Studio is a free and open source screen recorder and live streaming platform for Windows, Mac and Linux users. It’s especially famous in record and stream game-play. This program is totally free to use. You can use OBS to record video, game-plays, streaming movies or what ever happening on your computer’s screen without any restriction.
The only disadvantage of using OBS Studio is its steep learning curve and the lack of technical support. Out of that, it’s a great tool to use. Take a look at below tutorial to see if you want it or not.
- Free and open source, no watermark, no feature restriction.
- Record and stream directly on YouTube.
- Record audio, webcam.
- No feature restriction.
- Possible to record high fps games.
- Steep learning curve.
- Video quality is not always good.
- No technical support service.
Better alternative: Mirrilis Action Screen Recorder
Mirrilis Action screen recorder is a paid screen recorder for high fps game-play recording and live streaming platform. It’s a great alternative if you’re not interested in OBS Studio.
4. Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder – No Watermark – No Time Limit – Web-based Tool
Apowersoft free screen recorder is one of the best free web-based free screen recorder no watermark at present time. It has intuitive user interface that you can use easily online with only some click at their website. Apowersoft’s recorded video will not have a watermark and you have many other options to simply edit the video, convert it to various formats or upload it directly to YouTube, Vimeo, Google Drive or Dropbox. Although we don’t appreciate its’ editing tools, but this is our first recommendation for users to choose free online screen recorder.
- Easy to use interface.
- No Java script requirements.
- Record full screen or specific region with easy-adjust frame.
- Record video from webcam.
- Set up hotkey, video quality, audio codec.
- Convert recorded video to MP4, WMV, AVI, FLV, MPEG, VOB, ASF and GIF
- Built-in drawing tool for annotations on screen.
- Upload recorded video directly to YouTube, Vimeo, Google drive, dropbox.
- Built-in basic video editing tools.
- No watermark, no time limit.
- Need to download launching app each time.
- Video editing feature is very limited.
Some screenshots of Apowersoft online free screen recorder.
Similar software: AceThinker free online screen recorder
AceThinker is also completely free online screen recorder for Windows, Mac and iOS. It has similar features to ApowerSoft.
5. Screencast O Matic (Editor update: This application has watermark on the output now)
Last free screen recorder no watermark in our list is Screencas O Matic free online screen recorder. This web application is capable of recording HD video on your computer’s screen without watermark. It’s as lightweight and simple to use as ApowerSoft, or AceThinker at position number 4. Take a look at this tutorial to understand more about it.
- Easy to use.
- Record video & audio narration.
- Record webcam.
- Save file to MP4, AVI, FLV
- Upload directly to YouTube or Vimeo.
- Recording time is limited to 15 minutes only.
- No video editing tools in free version.
By using the above mentioned free screen recorders, you will never have to worry about watermark issue. Have you tried any of them? Let’s us know your opinion in the comment box. Thanks very much for being here. I hope you can find suitable tools for your work. Remember to follow us to receive more valuable post notifications in the future.