Our honest review of Camstudio screen recording software in 2018. A simple to use video recording software for Windows.
Overview of Camstudio
Screen recording software doesn’t need to be complicated. It should be simple to use with intuitive user interface and easy to download, install and set up recording options. Camstudio, obviously, can be used for recording your Windows PCs quickly. The program allows you to record video with audio from microphone, cursor path and more. Here are our special notices for your before trying to download it to your computer.
- Camstudio has no relation with Camtasia Studio 9 of TechSmith. It is a free and open source program developed for recording AVI, SWF and Flash video from your desktop.
- The download package is rather small compared to other prosumer screen recoder.
- During the installation, remember to decline the request of third party installation i.e AVG anti-virus and Chomein toolbar. You still get the software.
In comparison with other powerful screen recorders that we’ve reviewed, Camstudio’s UI make us a little bit confused since it is rather small by any mean. The recording toolbar is just the size of 300×300 square shape and no way to adjust it. The buttons and set up options are way too difficult to navigate. Anyhow, we’ve digged into the program deeper and finally get things done. Our tests show positive results, the program can create good quality full hd videos for all options: fixed region, window or full screen. And the audio sounds are normal.
Free, Open Source, No watermark and No Guaranty Software
As you can read its license terms during the installation, this is a free and open source program developed by the community which means you can use it for free and add more features to the program if you are a developer. As normally, you don’t receive any support or guaranty from the developers if you decide to use this software. To get it, access to the below link.
Best Alternatives to Camstudio
If you’ve already known and tried Camstudio before and looking for an alternative program for recording video, here are the best options you can try.
- ActivePresenter 7 – Free screen recorder and screencast software for Windows and Mac.
- Camtasia Studio 9 – Powerful screen recording and video editing software of TechSmith.
- OBS Studio – Popular free and open source screen recorder for gamers.
Elearning Support provides useful and honest reviews about free and paid screen recording software for common and specific usages. We hope you get enough information about Camstudio screen recorder in this topic. Don’t forget to follow us to receive more valuable post notifications in the future.
Read also: Top 10 Best screen recording software 2018