Wondering about choosing a good elearning software for your school and university? You’re in the right place. Check out top 5 best elearning software for schools and universities in this article. I promise you will not waste your time here!
Over the past decades, elearning software has become more and more important to the development of educational institutions such as schools and universities. It’s an ideal solution for these institutions to save their money on organizing traditional classroom as w well as travel expenses and lecturers renting cost. With elearning software, schools and universities can also improve teaching effectiveness and attract more learners from all over the world, not just within the geographical area in which you are located. In this article, we do not intend to delve into the benefits of elearning, which is as clear as day. Then what are we going to discuss here?
Top 5 Best Elearning Software For Schools and Universities
- iSpring Suite
- Adobe Captivate
- Articulate 360
- Gomo Learning
When it comes to elearning, it is not limited to schools and university but covers many other areas of the society such as employee training, sales training, or operational training on how to use machines or software and so on. Generally, it is a big industry that many professional educators and trainers are involved in. If you only want to choose a good elearning software for your school or university, stay focus on the following key points:
Easy of use
Elearning software doesn’t have to be complicated. It should be easy to use on any circumstances. It has to be easy to download and install plus intuitive user interface for both designers and learners.
It’s important to discover all necessary features of an elearning software before making your final decision. Don’t buy the software without reading carefully all of its features.
Learning Management System (LMS) helps the instructor deliver their learning courses to students, administer tests and track learner performance. It’s important to check if an elearning software is supported by LMS or not.
Technical support is one of the most important issues when choosing elearning software. Because no software is perfect. Even the simplest ones are easy to come by. So getting fast and professional technical support can help you save tons of development time.
You do not have to pay tens of thousands of dollars for an elearning software. The most professional elearning software we’ve reviewed cost less than $1500 and the cheapest one is $399 only.
Okay, that’s some pieces of important information. Let’s take a look at the best elearning software for schools and universities now. In each product, we’ll put a short overview about the programs, an introduction video, free option or trial features and paid option plus a download link and our detail review of the program.
Affordable yet powerful elearning software for schools and universities
ActivePresenter is an all-in-one and simple to use elearning authoring software which has all tools you need to create learning courses quickly and professionally. ActivePresenter provides intuitive user interface and similar to PowerPoint work space where you can create new project by adding slides, videos, images to the scenes or import existing PowerPoint slides on your computer. ActivePresenter is free to download and use as long as you want. The program is compatible with Windows and macOS. Free version can be used for non-commercial purposes and the paid version cost is $399 only. Read our detail review of ActivePresenter here!
Key features of ActivePresenter
- Advanced recording features: Full Motion Recording, Smart Capture
- Video editing: Cut, Crop, Join, Change Volume, Speed Up, Slow Down
- Multiple Audio/Video Layers
- Rich annotations: Shapes, Image, Zoom-n-Pan, Closed Caption, Cursor Path, Audio/Video Overlays
- Smart Annotation
- Themes & Templates
- Export to: MP4, WebM, MKV, AVI, WMV
- Export to: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Adobe PDF, HTML
- Commercial Use
- Advanced Audio/Video Effects: Fade In, Fade Out, Noise Reduction, Blur, Green Screen
- HTML5 Export
- Fully Responsive Design
- Interactions: Button, Mouse Click, Text Input, Drag & Drop, Keystroke
- Quiz: 9 Types of Questions
- Report & Tracking in LMS (SCORM, xAPI)
ActivePresenter Free version is available to use without any limitation. However, the output will be watermarked when you export it into HTML5. Its Pro version cost is $399 perpetual license.
2. iSpring Suite
Low-cost elearning software with intuitive user interface for schools
iSpring Suite is a decent elearning authoring tool for schools and universities to make fully responsive learning courses in PowerPoint style and share them on specific LMS. The program is as simple to use as ActivePresenter and as powerful as any other offline authoring tools in the world now. If you are familiar with MS PowerPoint, iSpring Suite is the right tool for you to start creating your first course. Take a look at this introduction video to learn more about iSpring Suite.
Key features of iSpring Suite
- Basic screen recorder and video editor.
- Intuitive user interface with course templates and character library.
- Various type of annotations, Quizzes.
- Export project into HTML5 in SCORM, xAPI Tin Can.
- Free trial in 14 days.
- $770 per license for iSpring Suite.
- $970/ year for Full Service with Content Library and iSpring Cloud.
3. Adobe Captivate
Professional elearning software for schools and universities
Adobe Captivate 2017 is a smart elearning software which lets you creating fully-responsive, mobile-ready mLearning content for online training and remote distance education. Adobe Captivate has been elearning industry standard for years with many unique features that you can’t get in low cost authoring applications. Take a look at this video to learn more about Adobe Captivate.
Key features of Adobe Captivate
- Intuitive user interface.
- Powerful screen recorder and video editor for screen-casting and simulation.
- Responsive design and integrated with course templates, stock-assets from Adobe and Elearning Brothers.
- Synchronize PowerPoint and Adobe Captivate project.
- Auto-migrate from non-mobile to mobile project.
Adobe Captivate is available for both subscription and perpetual license. It is free to try within 30 days as trial. Subscription plan is $ 29.99/ month and $1099 full license price. If you are student and teacher, you can try Adobe Student & Teacher Edition at $349 only.
4. Articulate 360
An all-in-on elearning platform for Schools and Universities
Articulate 360 is an all-in-one solution for educators to create fully responsive learning courses whether you are individual or a team. Articulate 360 includes Storyline 360, Rise, Articulate Review and Content Library. Articulate 360 gives you all you need for elearning development. Read Articulate 360 detail review here!
Key features of Articulate 360
- Smart and easy to use workflow with intuitive user interface.
- Integrated with powerful authoring tools: Storyline and Rise.
- Stocked templates and multi-media assessts.
- Customize learning courses and share with team or partners.
Articulate 360 is available to try with 30 days as trial. Then you’ll need to subscribe a plan at $999/ annually for 1 user and $1299 for team.
5. Gomo Learning
A simple to use web-based elearning software for Schools and Universities
Gomo learning (Suite or Authoring) is a cloud based platform which lets you create responsive elearning courses step by step with several types of themes and basic authoring features. Though it provides all necessary tools for creating responsive courses, we found it’s hard to finish building a courses in minutes as Gomo boasted. Especially when you have a slow internet connection, you will find it has a lot of limitations compared to other offline authoring tools we’ve reviewed . By the way, it’s still a good choice for those who have to work in different locations. Read our full review about Gomo Learning here!
Key features of Gomo Learning
- No download, no installation needed.
- Intuitive user interface with step by step guide for creating learning courses for beginners.
- Possible to create learning courses on built-in templates.
- Responsive courses reviews and customize-able interactions.
- Cloud storage is available to store your learning courses and track the efficiency in real time.
- Add more users to build up your courses faster.
With a powerful elearning software, you can save tons of time and effort in course development. Software development companies always have special purchasing policies for Schools and Universities. Don’t forget to contact them if you want to buy more than 1 license. You can also contact us if you need any help. Our elearning experts are always want to hear from you. Don’t forget to follow us to receive more valuable post notifications in the future.
Leave a Reply