Litmos learning management system by Calidus is a famous and intuitive cloud-based learning management solution that is suitable for various training purposes. No matter what size of your organization is, Litmos has the package for you to choose.
Litmos Learning Management System has been recognized as an industry standard, focused on simplifying time-consuming tasks associated with training and improving the experience of both users and learners. As a new user, you can register an account and try the solution within 14 days as trial with your business email address. After 14 days, you are requested to upgrade your account. Depending on your needs and scale of your business, they offer tiered pricing system for you i.e starting at $4 per user/month for 151- 500 active user. If you have 501-1000 active users, the cost is $3 per user/month. All plans are billed annually. There is an option to purchase Litmos LMS + Courses which comes in at $9 per user/month and $6 for 151-500 users and $5 for 501-1000 users. So, the more active user you have, the cheaper price they offer.
The solution is packaged with necessary features of a LMS as we bullet down here:
Litmos Key Features
- Online Course Builder Use embedded content creation tools that support multiple formats. Course content is added in the form of modules.
- Assessments and Quizzes Create beautiful assessments to benchmark knowledge retention and reinforce concepts with your learners.
- Reports and Dashboards Review performance and gain insight into training impact with reports and dashboards, or create custom reports delivered via email.
- Instructor-Led Training (ILT) Schedule virtual or classroom training with the intuitive ILT module. Built to be simple and used by anyone.
- Commerce Easily monetize your courses using pre-packaged eCommerce features or set up an online storefront using the powerful Litmos / Shopify integration.
- Gamification and Leaderboards Engage and motivate users with achievements, points, and badges, all based on their activity in the system. Your learners will love it!
- Learning Paths String together multiple courses in logical groupings to create personalized learning paths for your learners to engage.
- Messages and Notifications Get real-time notifications of activity from your teams and learners. Drive higher course completion rates through unique communication and notifications.
- Surveys and Feedback Think people love your courses? Gather feedback from learners using built-in survey tool and out-of-the-box reports.
How Litmos Works?
Once you got your account activated with Litmos, you are able to view its dashboard with Admin View or Learner View. The interface is customizable. You can choose which widgets you want to show to your learners including To do list, Overdue, Completed and a list of existing courses so that they can easily access the courses to start learning.
From Admin View, you can see the Dashboard, Course, People, Team and Report. These are the basic activities you need to control your content. You can also see the total number of courses you created, total users, active courses and active users and other metrics such as historical, News and Activity. These features are very common in an LMS which we have nothing to complain about what it presents.
In Litmos, it’s simple to add more users, assign a specific role for them such as a learner, an administrator or a supervisor and so on. It also lets you create a Learning Path where you can add a number of courses to assign a specific group of learners. This feature is interesting when you have many courses but only want to show some of them to a group of student.
Upload A Course To Litmos
Uploading a course to Litmos learning management system is simple. It allows you to upload a video course, ppt, pptx or zip file easily by drag and drop actions. You can also create an assessment, survey or live session directly on the LMS too. To getting started, go the Courses, Add new course. Once you added title and description for the course, you can now add more content to this course by uploading existing files on your computer or create a new one.
Litmos Reports Overview
In Litmos, you are able to access and download reports of the learning paths, courses, people, teams, assessment, survey, SCORM or Tin Can and so on. There are also usage reports available in the dashboard too.
The Bottom Line
Litmos learning management system is no doubt a great platform to host your e-learning courses. However, the cost is too high that individual educators can’t afford it. It’s mostly suitable for business usage only. That’s our opinion about Litmos learning management system, the first LMS we’ve reviewed this year. If you have been using this LMS, don’t hesitate to share with us your review at the comment section. We’d love to hear from you. Don’t forget to follow us to receive more valuable post notifications in the future.