When it comes to online training, using an appropriate online training software is crucial, especially when you are a small business. If you can’t afford to purchase expensive tools like Adobe Captivate or Articulate with your limited budget. Don’t worry! There are many other inexpensive online training software available for you now. In this article, we’ll cover top 2 best online training software you can use to create engaging online training courses whether you are on Windows or Mac. Before we dive into the detail review of these programs, let’s have a quick look on the essential features of a good online training software!
One thing to keep in mind, online training course output formats can be in both video file or HTML5. Choosing which output format depends very much on your needs and the platform you are using. With video formats, you can use locally on your company server or you can upload it to YouTube, Facebook or Vimeo (some popular video sharing channels. With HTML5 outputs, you can do more things such as interact with learners via tracking tools or turn your courses into a complete interactive e-learning course to earn money from it.
In today post, we’ll concentrate on some of the best online training software which have powerful features and cheap license price. These programs are more suitable for startups and small business to getting started.
2 Best Online Training Software For Small Business
1. ActivePresenter – Best For Creating HTML5 Training Courses
When it comes to online training, ActivePresenter is my favorite software. This program has everything you need to create online training courses whether you want to export the courses into video formats or HMTL5. Of all the software I’ve reviewed, ActivePresenter offers lowest license cost, great technical support and has professional features that can suite your needs. As a startup, you’ll need to consider carefully what the software can bring to you as well as how much you need to spend and so on. With ActivePresenter, you are free to download and use as long as you want. Once you’re satisfied with the program, you’ll only need to pay one time for lifetime license at $399. This is the lowest price we’ve seen among more than 20 other similar applications we found on the market. Take a look at our detail review of ActivePresenter here!
- Advanced recording features: Full Motion Recording, Smart Capture
- Video editing: Cut, Crop, Join, Change Volume, Speed Up, Slow Down
- Multiple Audio/Video Layers
- Rich annotations: Shapes, Image, Zoom-n-Pan, Closed Caption, Cursor Path, Audio/Video Overlays
- Smart Annotation
- Themes & Templates
- Export to: MP4, WebM, MKV, AVI, WMV
- Export to: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Adobe PDF, HTML
- Commercial Use
- Advanced Audio/Video Effects: Fade In, Fade Out, Noise Reduction, Blur, Green Screen
- HTML5 Export
- Fully Responsive Design
- Interactions: Button, Mouse Click, Text Input, Drag & Drop, Keystroke
- Quiz: 9 Types of Questions
- Report & Tracking in LMS (SCORM, xAPI)
2. Camtasia – Best For Creating Online Training Videos
When it comes to e-learning, ActivePresenter is one of my favorite software. However, we don’t always need to create HTML5 courses, right? That’s what Camtasia comes in. The program is developed mainly for creating online training courses in video formats such as employee training, customer training or promotional marketing videos. This online training software of TechSmith is a great option to go for beginners. To learn more about Camtasia, read this review!
Being mentioned that Camtasia is only available to test drive within 30 days as trial. All the output will be watermarked. After 30 days, you’ll need to purchase a license at $249 to continue to use the product. This program is best for creating online training videos on both Windows and Mac.
- Intuitive and simple to use screen recorder and video editor.
- Customizable themes and reusable library.
- Edit video in 60 fps.
- Advanced video editing tools such as Chroma key, color grading tools.
- Advanced audio editing features.
- Rich annotation tools.
- Fast video rendering speed.
- Great technical support from trusted developers.
Which Software Should I Use?
For those of you who already know about these 2 powerful programs and can’t decide which software to buy, take a look at our head-to-head comparison between ActivePresenter and Camtasia.
If you have any question about these programs, don’t hesitate to ask. We’d love to hear from you. Don’t forget to follow us to keep you up-to-date with our future post!