If you’re looking for a screen recorder for Windows 10 which lets you capture what’s happening on your the screen, capture audio from an external microphone, system sound as well as your webcam, this is the right article for you. In this post, I’ve grabbed 5 simple screen recorders for Windows 10 (free and paid) for you to start making tutorial videos, recording game-plays or creating a presentation videos with ease.
ActivePresenter is an all-in-one screen recorder, video editor and eLearning authoring software, designed for creating online training content. With ActivePresenter, you can record your computer screen with adjustable mouse cursor, click sounds, your webcam, audio from external mic and system sound simultaneously on your Windows 10 machine easily. Added to that, you can also edit your video, add background music, add text to video, add annotations, callouts and special effect like zoom and pan, picture in picture, highlight as well as spotlight effect.
ActivePresenter is compatible with Windows 10 64 bit as well as macOS. It’s free to download and install the program. It will not leave annoying watermarks on your output when exporting videos in MP4, AVI or MKV for uploading to YouTube. This is one of the best screen recorders for creating how-to videos, software tutorials and presentation videos in my point of view. If you want to learn more about this software, read my detail review at this post.
- Free of charge, no watermark, no time restriction.
- Possible to record and save screen recording, webcam video and audio in different tracks for further editing.
- Possible to capture and edit your mouse cursor: Adjust the size of the pointer, adding highlight effect, mouse click later when editing.
- Including many useful effect such as zoom and pan, spotlight effect, video highlight effect and freeze frame option, text-to-speech and more.
- Load of built-in annotations and callouts, animation effect and more.
- Has basic video editing tools like cut, trim, delete videos and advance audio features such as noise removal function.
- Export project in different video formats without watermark.
- No animation keyframe, no color correction tools.
- Windows 64 bit only.
Camtasia is another simple screen recorder for Windows 10 you can use to create online training videos. It’s also an all-in-one screen recorder and video editor for cross platforms like ActivePresenter. You can also record your computer screen in different modes i.e full screen, a specific area, or a lock application with Camtasia. Added to that, Camtasia has a wide array of video editing tools, audio effect and a media library where you can use to speed up your creation with just drag and drop actions.
If you’re going to make online tutorial videos, how-to videos, software demos, or any kind of training videos, Camtasia is not doubt a great option to go. If you want to learn more about this program, read my careful review at this post.
- Simple to use, and lightweight program.
- Possible draw on the screen while recording.
- Save your screen recording in different tracks for further editing.
- Has many built-in annotations, mouse cursor effect, video transition effect and more.
- Includes animation keyframe, color adjust tools and load of video assets in Camtasia’s built-in library.
- Has different export presets for creating online training content.
- No free version.
- Expensive license price ($249/ perpetual/ one time payment).
Wondershare Filmora is famous as an easy-to-use, multi-effects, template and extremely lightweight video editing software. Few people know that it also has a screen recording function, built in the installation package for windows and macOS. With Filmora X screen recorder, you can also capture what’s happening on your computer screen, your mouse cursor, capture the audio from your microphone as well as your system sound and save your recording in an editable format in its video editor.
Filmora is not recommended for making online tutorial videos. But, if you need a simple screen recorder with built-in video editor, it’s a good option that you may need to consider. To learn more about this software, click here.
- Simple to use and lightweight screen recorder.
- Includes many advance video editing tools like chroma key, motion tracking, masking tools, animation keyframe, color grading tools and more.
- Possible to capture screen, webcam and audio at the same time.
- Has built-in title templates, video effect, elements and transitions.
- Includes different export options and YouTube direct uploading option too.
- Affordable pricing plans.
- Free version has a huge watermark.
- Not possible to save video recording in different tracks.
- Mouse cursor effect is not adjustable.
- Support Windows 64 bit only.
If you’re looking for a screen recorder and live streaming platform which is completely free to use, no watermark, no time restriction, then OBS Studio is the option for you. This is one of the most famous game recording software on YouTube. Many YouTubers, including me, using this software for making software tutorial video and livestreaming. With OBS Studio, you can capture anything on your computer screen and save it in a video format that you can upload directly to YouTube or other video sharing platform. The only downside of this software is the lack of video editing tools and technical support from the developers. By the way, it’s very common when using an open source program.
OBS Studio is compatible with Windows 10 and all other Windows versions as well as macOS and Linux. To learn more about this software, read my careful review here.
- Free and open source.
- Possible to create video instantly after recording.
- Customizable recording video and audio from different resources.
- Includes free livestreaming function.
- Steep learning curve.
- No technical support.
- No mouse cursor effect options.
- No video editing tools.
- Bugs and Errors are not fixed very often.
Finally, Screencast O Matic is the most simple to use screen recorder for Windows 10 in my list. This is an online application for screen recording. You don’t have to download and install the software on your computer, just visit their home page and start your recording whenever you need. With Screencast O Matic, you can also record full screen with webcam, or a specific area with external voice-over, system sound and more. Click here to learn more about this application.
- Free and simple to use.
- Possible to record screen and webcam at the same time.
- Export and share video directly.
- No installation is needed.
- 15 minute recording only.
- Not possible to record system sound in free version.
- Does not have video editing options.
- Mouse cursor is not adjustable.
- No annotation tools.
The Bottom Line
I hope the information in this post is helpful for you. Choosing which screen recorder depends very much on your need and budget. If you have any question about these software, don’t hesitate to contact me any time.
This post contains affiliate links. I will earn a small commission when you purchase the product (hopefully) from the vendor’s site. It will not affect your purchase price in any circumstance.