xSplit Broadcaster has a free, professional screen recorder for Windows that can be used for capturing input from any source, including your desktop monitor, webcam, media file, an application, video card or a game play at 720p quality and max 30fps. The results will have no watermark and there is no time limitation as well.
xSplit Broadcaster has been well-known all over the world as one of the most popular live streaming platform next to Wire Cast and OBS Studio. It is also a professional, free screen recorder for video quality lower than 720p for Windows users. You need to register a license to use full features of their live streaming functions which cost around $5/ monthly. As a free user, you can use xSplit Broadcaster for your screen recording purpose without time limit and no watermark for video quality up to 720p and 30fps. It is possible to save video locally or share online directly to YouTube or Facebook
Once you have registered and activate your account, you can start using xSplit broadcaster. We must say that this is not an easy to use free screen recorder since you need to figure out how to start/stop recording at the first time. We suggest you spend sometimes watching YouTube tutorial before you go.
- Record anything on screen, Webcam, and save locally or streaming.
- Record audio, system sound and customize external device
- Take screenshot easily.
- Customize hotkeys
- Record multiple application in Scenes. Possible to set up scenes transition.
- Small output file size in comparison with similar tools
- Set up frame rate up to 30 fps and screen resolution 720p in free version.
- Share directly to YouTube through your account or share on social network like Facebook, Twitter, Twitch and more.
- Support multiple languages.
- Possible to be Integrated with Skype Video Call.
- Lack of video editing tools.
- Only support Windows.
- Require high specs computer.
- Recording higher than 720p will have a watermark.
Download size: 114MB. Click here to go to xSplit Download page.
Latest Version: 3.0.1705.3124 Released: August 10th, 2017
Our Reviewed date: 30 August 2017
And Watch this tutorial video to see how it work
If you are hunting for a free screen recorder for games as well as a professional streaming platform with reasonable price tag, then xSplit Broadcaster/ Gamecaster should be a wise choice. The lack of editing features make it less attractive in comparison with similar tool like ActivePresenter or OBS Studio. Try it and let us know your opinion.
Remember to follow us to receive valuable post notifications weekly from us.
Related article: Top 5 best free screen recorders of the year!