Learn how to record movies with an unlimited screen recorder in this article. This program allows you to record full HD movies to create your own file easily.
Have you ever thought about recording movies that you oftern watch on the internet to create your own files? It is not a difficult job, I think. You’ll need an unlimited screen recorder to finish the work. There are many programs you can choose if you are happy to buy a license such as Camtasia Studio – $199 or Movavi Screen Recorder – $39.95. Fortunately, there are some great free options you can use now. I will show you the most powerful one in this article.
How To Record Movies With Unlimited Screen Recording Software – ActivePresenter
ActivePresenter is a free screen recording software which allows you to record full HD video without watermark. This is the most suitable program you can use to record movies since it has no time limit on your recordings. You use this program to record as long as you want. To record a movie, just follow these simple steps:
- Download and install ActivePresenter on your computer. It is available for both Windows (64 bit) and Mac. Choose your operating system and start the download. It will take about 5 minutes to finish.
- Open the program and choose Record Video-> Choose your screen resolution and start the app when you have your movies ready for recording. Leave it there until the movie ends.
- Finally, the program will allows you to edit your recording: Cut, trim, crop video or add your own logo to the video and Export it into MP4, AVI, MKV, WebM. You can save your file into your computer now.
How To Edit Recorded Movies in ActivePresenter
ActivePresenter allows you to edit both recorded and imported videos. Right after the recording phrase, it takes you to the editor where you can edit what you’ve captured. On the other hand, you can import videos into ActivePresenter and edit videos as normal. Just click Annotations > Video > From Files… and select a desired video.
You can edit one or more videos at the same time using the video editing timeline aka the Timeline pane. Only when you define a range can you apply four basic video editing tools including:
- Cut Range: Remove the range and place it on the clipboard. You can paste the cut content into the current slide or the new one.
- Copy Range: Copy the range and put it on the clipboard.
- Delete Range: Delete the range.
- Crop to Range: Delete everything outside the range.
To make a range, click and drag the Playhead’s start or end markers. The selected range is highlighted in light blue. To clear the selection, double-click the Playhead.
- Audio tracks are treated the same. Easily cut, copy, delete, and crop them if needed.
- These basic video editing tools act differently depending on whether or not you select an object. If you do select an object, the tools affect that object only. If not, they affect the slide and all objects falling into the range (the entire slice of the range).
- To get a better view of the timeline, zoom in by holding down CTRL while scrolling the mouse wheel up. On the contrary, hold down CTRL while scrolling the mouse wheel down to reduce the time scale.
Now, take a look at each of these basic video editing tools.
Mistakes happen every now and then when you record screen. A big mistake may require you to start over and re-record everything. Meanwhile, a tiny mistake only wants an “undo” and you can continue recording as if it never ever happened. After that, just cut the mistake out from the video/audio and you’re done.
ActivePresenter makes it simple to cut and remove unwanted fragments from the video/audio. Here’s how:
Step 1: Select a video/audio containing unwanted fragments.
Step 2: Make a range.
Step 3: Click Cut Range or press CTRL+SHIFT+X to remove the range from the selected video/audio. Then, a red stripe appears, showing you where the two remaining parts of the video/audio are joined together.
Step 4 (Optional): Paste the cut content into the same or another slide. To do that, move the Playhead to a desire location and press CTRL+V.
Use the Copy Range tool to copy parts of objects that fall inside the range, and put them on the clipboard. Do the following:
Step 1: Select a video/audio.
Step 2: Make a range.
Step 3: Click Copy Range or press CTRL+SHIFT+C to copy the range.
Step 4: Paste the copied content into the same or another slide. To do that, move the Playhead to a desired location and press CTRL+V.
Removing mistakes is a basic task when you edit videos. Use the Delete Range tool to delete any video’s parts you don’t want.
The Delete Range tool works just like the Cut Range, except for one difference. The former is used to delete the content inside the range; whereas the latter “cuts” the content from the range and places it on the clipboard, then you can paste it where you want. In short, the Delete Range tool stands for removing while the Cut Range tool stands for reallocating.
To delete a range, select it and click Delete Range or press CTRL+DELETE.
Often you record extra footage at the beginning and end of a recording. When you edit videos, you want to trim out these fragments, that is to take off either end of the video/audio.
Use the Crop to Range tool to delete everything outside the range. Do the following:
Step 1: Select a video/audio that you want to trim out extra content.
Step 2: Make a range.
Step 3: Click the Crop to Range button or press SHIFT+DELETE. That way, only the part of the selected video/audio that lies inside the range is retained.
As reminded earlier, the four tools also work when you select no objects at all. In that case, they affect all objects falling into the range. For example, if you click Crop to Range while selecting no objects, you retain only the content inside the range and delete all the rest.
Elearning Supporter provide useful reviews about all kind of software. If you have any problem in using ActivePresenter to record your movies, don’t hesitate to ask. You can also share with us how to record movies with your current screen recorder to open a discussion here.