Create training videos is an effective way to help your customers understand how to use your program as well as to show them all the basic and advanced features of the app. That can be done right from your computer with an appropriate program, called screencast software. Nowadays, training videos become more and more popular than written post. People often search for online tutorial video on YouTube to learn how to use a product. These are main reasons you need to create training videos for your program.
In today’s post, I will share with you top 4 best tools to create online training videos. There are free and paid programs in this article. All of them had been tested by our experts in recent months. To understand how we test and write review about each product, please read About Us at the bottom of this site.
List of useful tools for creating online training videos in this article:
- ActivePresenter: All-in-one screen recorder, video editor and HTML5 elearning authoring tool for Windows and Mac.
- Camtasia Studio 9: Perfect video editor with built-in screen recorder and annotation tools for create training videos.
- VSDC Free Video Editor: Low-cost screencast software and video editor for Windows.
- Apowersoft: A free online screen recorder for creating short training videos on Windows, Mac and iOS.
Top 4 best tools to create online training videos
ActivePresenter is one of the most powerful programs for creating online training videos with advanced features for Windows and Mac. It stands out of the crowd of simple screen recording software you can find on the market now. ActivePresenter lets you record your desktop in full screen, fixed area with your webcam, audio from mic and system sound. After that, you can polish your recording with cut, trim, crop, split and merge video or add shapes, images, texts, closed captions, zoom-n-pan, add low third video, blur area and even green screen effects to your videos. Finally, the program allows you to export the whole project into MP4, AVI, MKV, WebM, PPT or HTML5 without watermark or time limit. Most importantly, it is completely free for personal use. You can download and try ActivePresenter as long as you want. Learn more about ActivePresenter here!
2. Camtasia Studio 9 – Price $199-> View now!
TechSmith’s Camtasia has been an industry standard for creating training video for years. Millions of people are using Camtasia to record, edit and share videos every day. It is no doubt one of the most professional online training video creator in the world now. Like ActivePresenter, Camtasia provides user with intuitive interface, full hd video recording capability and lots of advanced features to polish your recorded videos. Recently, Camtasia has been upgraded to version 9 with cutting edge improvements in screen recording and video editing. Read our full review about Camtasia Studio 9 here! Saidly, this is not a free software. You can only try Camtasia within 30 days as trial. Then you’ll need to consider to purchase the product at $199 per license. That’s pricey but worth every penny you pay.
3. VSDC Free Video Editor
VSDC is a free and simple to use video editor for Windows. It has all advanced video editing features plus a full hd and no watermark screen recorder you use for creating training video. VSDC is completely free to use without any limitation. However, you may want to get some advanced tools such as Hardware Acceleration, noise removal, audio wave..etc, you can purchase their pro version at amazing cheap price $19.99 only. Learn more about VSDC here!
4. Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder
Apowersoft is a web-based tool you can use for creating online training videos. It is free to use without download requirements. You can start creating videos so long as you have your computer and being connected to the internet. The application let you record everything on your screen, make drawings on your screen. You can also cut, trim, merge your videos, add texts or images and so on. Finally, it lets you save your video to your computer or share it directly to YouTube or Google Drive. Read more about Apowersoft here!
So you have the tools you need to create your first online training videos now. Try them and share with us how you feel about these programs. It’s important for us to receive your feedback to improve our post in the future. Here are some pro-tips for creating an effective online training video.
5 Simple tips to create an effective online training video
- Choose the right tool: Consider your needs, your budget and your hardware specifications to choose the right tool for creating your training videos.
- Clear your desktop: Before starting to record the screen, remember to clear your desktop to make sure all the sensitive information is hidden.
- Prepare a script and learn it by heart before you start. Viewers always expect to watch and hear smoothly. Avoid “ah…uhmm…uhmm” during your recording.
- Record video and audio separately. By this way, you can easily modify them with the editor at the next step.
- Make use of Zoom-n-pan, Text-to-speech and Chroma key in these powerful programs to polish your training videos and turn them to a unique production.
That’s it! These are just some simple steps to follow. Not a big deal, right?
Those programs can be used to create how-to video, online training videos, product demos. However, each of them has strength and weakness. Remember to read carefully publisher’s descriptions and system requirements before you go. I hope you get your necessary information in this topic!
Elearning Supporter is the best place to find free and paid software about screen recorders, video editors and elearning authoring tools. Don’t forget to follow us to receive more valuable post notifications in the future!
Disclosure: There are affiliate links in this post. We can earn a small commission from the publisher if you purchase the product via these links.