Looking for a free screen recorder and video editor for your YouTube channel? You’re at the right place. In this article, I will cover 3 best free screen recorder and video editor for YouTube you can use on your Windows PC or Mac. All programs are tested carefully, easy and safe to download. Stay tuned!
ActivePresenter is one of the best free screen recorder and video editor for YouTube you can try now on Windows or macOS.
When Will You Need a Free Screen Recorder and Video Editor?
Over the past few years, making videos for YouTube has become an effective way content creators used to make money online via Google Adsense and affiliate networks. Commonly, content creators often used only a single video editing software to cut, trim their raw footage, add a title, some filters, a background music track and upload it to YouTube. There are also some kind of content creators who usually make screencast videos such as how-to tutorials, software demos or a game-play recording with commentary, that’s when you need a 2-in-1 program: free screen recorder and video editor.
Among more than 30 free tools I’ve tried, here are 3 best programs I recommend you to try for creating your next YouTube videos. All these programs are 100% free to use. If you like any of them, just follow the link to download it.
TOP 3 Best Free Screen Recorder and Video Editor for YouTubers
ActivePresenter is one of my favorite screen recorder and video editor for making YouTube videos. It’s especially useful when you want to create online training videos such as software simulations, product demonstrations or how-to tutorials. ActivePresenter lets you capture full high definition video from the screen with audio from microphone, system sound and your webcam simultaneously. Once you’re done with your recording, you can cut, trim, crop your video, add animated text title, close caption, adjust background audio, voice-over and use its smart annotation tools to polish your video too. Finally, the program lets you export video into MP4, AVI, MKV or WebM without watermark or time limit. To learn more about ActivePresenter, click here!
- Smart Capture : Capture screen when mouse clicked or key pressed. Each action is captured as a slide which explains in details what the viewer/learner should follow to master the lesson.
- Full Motion Recording : Record screen as a full motion video and embedded in a slide for further editing with annotations, voice-over, zoom-n-pan, closed captions and animation effects. Choosing full motion recording, you can record the screen like a video camera.
- Automatic panning: You can make capture Window follow mouse cursor with a specific panning speed, to be adjusted in pixels.
- Record mouse cursor and make cursor editable in full motion recording mode is possible in profile set up. There are more options on mouse cursor such as: cursor highlight, click sound, color, opacity of cursor adjustment which you can find out more when you have the software installed.
- Capture screenshots: During the recording, you can take screenshots simply by click or type.
- Recording possibilities: in full screen, customized area or an application. You can also set up to required screen resolution or default. In customized area option, you can easily move the selected frame where you want to record as well as adjust the size of the area by mouse click.
- Microphone & Speakers Recording: Record system sound and audio from microphone simultaneously while recording screen. In Audio & Video settings, you are able to choose: Flash screen video, MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 video or H.264/MPEG-4 AVC. These option will lead to changes in frame rate and quality of the videos. Added to that, Audio codec can be optimized in 16-bit PCM, Vorbis, MP3 in mono or stereo channels.
- Smart Annotation: Automatically generate the description from the action and target application and insert to slide properly. This makes the content almost ready to publish for a quick tutorial. There are approximately 30 different type of annotations in Activepresenter such as: block shapes, highlight, spotlight, text caption, question and answer…etc that you have to figure out yourself.
- Lossless Quality: The video is recorded with the lossless codec to ensure the highest quality (100%) in the overall editing process. H264, MPEG-1,2 lossy codecs are also available.
- Configurable Hotkeys: Some target applications already registered the common hotkeys. In that case, configurable hotkeys are vital to make a complete recording session. ActivePresenter provide a logical, ordered hotkeys that are commonly used in the tool. You are able to customized these hotkeys easily in Preferences tab as well.
VSDC is a simple to use free video editor and screen recorder for YouTubers who are using a Windows PC. This program is as simple to use as ActivePresenter plus dozen of advanced video and audio effects for making YouTube videos. VSDC allows you to record video from multiple screen with webcam, audio plus many advanced video editing features you may love to use such as chroma key, hyper lapse, masking tools and random transitions and more.
VSDC is 100% free to use without watermark and it supports various input and output formats. To learn more about VSDC, click here!
Non-linear video editor
Our editor is a non-linear tool. This means that unlike in most other editors, where scenes come one after another in a linear sequence and certain order, our software allows objects to be placed in any position on the timeline and have any size. Besides, various parameters, shape and position of objects can change arbitrarily over time.
Visual and audio effects
You can apply various visual and audio effects to your videos to achieve the necessary result. Since the number of available visual effect is very high, they are split into five categories for ease of navigation: color correction, object transformation, object filters, transition effects and special fx.
Blending modes and Instagram-like filters
One more way of changing the look of your video image according to your preferences is color blending. Using a wide array of adjustable parameters, you can attach a unique professional style to your video. Newbies or those, who would like to save time, can benefit from stylish Instagram-like filters applied in one click.
VSDC Free Video Editor allows for creating different shaped masks for hiding, blurring or highlighting certain elements in your video. You can use it to apply special effects inside or outside the masked area. One of the most common reasons for masking are to blur a face to protect the identity or remove unwanted marks.
Easy export to social networks
To prepare a video for Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter and Vimeo without any problems, VSDC Free Video Editor offers you special export profiles which significantly reduce the stress of selecting a suitable format and meeting all the requirements.
Objects in a scene are positioned with subpixel accuracy, which makes for smooth animation, rotation, transformation and precise relative positioning.
Support of popular formats
Our software supports virtually all video, image and audio formats and codecs. That is why you won’t need any additional conversion tools to edit your files, as is often the case with other programs.
4K and HD export
VSDC is currently the only free video editor that allows you to export in a new H265/HEVC codec to maintain the highest quality at a minimum file size which is essential for those often processing 4K and HD files.
Creation of videos for specific multimedia devices
Thanks to a large set of preconfigured profiles, you can easily create videos for most popular multimedia devices, such as DVD players, iPod/iPhone/iPad, PSP, any smartphones and regular phones, Sony PlayStation, Xbox, Zune, Archos, iRiver, Creative Zen, Blackberry, MP4 players and many others.
Working with charts
You can create diagrams of different kinds, including 3D diagrams: Bar, Stacked Bar, Point, Bubble, Line, Scatter Line, Fast Line, Step Line, Spline, Area, Spline Area, Stacked Area, Stacked Spline Area, Range Bar, Gantt, Pie, Pie 3D, Torus 3D, Radar Point, Radar Line, Radar Area, Radar Spline, Radar Spline Area, Funnel, Pyramid, Pyramid 3D, High Low, Candle Stick. These objects can be based on dynamically changing data of different types. Besides, the appearance of diagrams is fully customizable (appearance of charts, coordinate axes, user-defined axes, legends, names of charts and axes, lines, labels and other elements), which will help you tailor them to your specific needs. Integrated color themes make it possible to quickly change the way your charts look.
Video library (to be included in the next program release)
The editor software lets you create your own library of multimedia files with brief or detailed descriptions. This will help you organize your video collection and simplify access to the necessary files.
Video stabilization tool
Footage taken from drones, action cameras or other devices on the go often needs improvement. VSDC Stabilization tool, as your virtual tripod, helps remove jitter or any other shaking effects, caused by camera movement and turn it into a much smoother video image.
VSDC Free Video Editor not only provides ready-made profiles for exporting to social networks, but also offers you to upload your video directly to YouTube right from the app without switching windows or tabs.
Built-in DVD burning tool
The editor comes with a DVD burning tool, allowing you to easily burn the results of your work to optical discs.
Video File Converter
The application is designed to quickly convert video files from one format to another. It has some basic features for editing videos: removing unneeded segments, splitting your video into parts, and merging several files into one.
Desktop video capture
The video editor features a desktop video capture utility that saves captured footage to a video file for subsequent processing in the editor.
Another feature of the our editor is the ability to capture video from various video tuners, webcams, IP сamera and save the captured footage on your computer in an arbitrary format for subsequent editing.
So, you’re still reading this article, means that you want something more elegant, more stylish than the above mentioned suggestions. That can be Filmora video editor of Wondershare. This free video editor is most lightweight, simple to use and powerful video editing suite I’ve reviewed. It has a built-in screen recorder too. Using Filmora Video Editor, you can edit video, add special effects and filters faster than other tools. Filmora’s video rendering speed is great too. However, this free tool will leave a big watermark at the center of your video. To remove it, you’ll need to purchase a license which is $59.99 for lifetime. To learn more about Filmora, click here!
- Filmora Video Editor is a good video editing software for beginners who want to create attractive videos. It has all necessary tools to edit video and plethora of effects in the library.
- It has a smart video editing workflow that beginners can follow up easily. That’s not to mention hundreds of YouTube tutorials you can watch too.
- The program comes in with advanced 4K editing capability and easy to use filters and effects that beginners may love it.
- The license price is good compare to what they offer.
Making YouTube videos is not all about making money online. It can be fun too. With these free screen recorder and video editor for YouTube, you can create your own video at no cost. If you have any question about these programs, don’t hesitate to contact us any time. Don’t forget to follow us to stay up-to-date with our latest posts.