Over the years, YouTube has gradually become one of the largest video sharing platforms on the planet next to Facebook. More and more people, especially young people, want to be a content creator on YouTube. Choosing the right video editing software will save you a lot of time and effort.
If you’re looking for a free (or cheap) video editing software for creating YouTube videos, you’re at the right place now. In this article, we’ve compiled a list of top notch free (cheap) video editing software for new YouTubers here to save your time and effort.
Note that all the software we mentioned in this article is thoroughly tested and completely safe to download at the time we write this article. However, for free and open source software, please check again before downloading for your own safety.
On top of the list is Shotcut, a free and open source video editing software for cross-platforms, available for Windows, macOS and Linux. It’s no doubt one of the best free video editing software for new YouTubers because of its simple workflow and wide array of advance features. Shotcut supports a wide range of formats, 4k resolution, mix and match resolution and frame rates within a project, drag and drop filters, including video and audio effect as well as advance color correction and color grading tools such as color wheels, vector scope and more.
In addition to basic features like video trim and trim, Shotcut includes advanced features like chroma key, keyframing, batch exporting, preview scaling and more. In my opinion, the strongest point of Shotcut is that it supports video editing up to 4K, completely free, without inserting watermark into the final product. In addition, the open source developer community is very active in updating new features for the software. If you only need a free video editing software to make YouTube videos, Shotcut is a worthwhile option for you to experience. If you want to learn more about Shotcut, read more about it on its official website (you can download it here too).
- Completely free to use, no watermark free video editor.
- Intuitive user interface.
- Has advance features like chroma key, keyframing, advance color grading tools, batch exporting option, 4K resolution.
- Adding transition effect, text titles as well as video effect is a bit time-consuming.
- No effect preview thumbnail.
- The program can crash unexpectedly very even on your high end machine.
- No technical support from developers.
VSDC is a free video editing software for both Windows 32bit and 64bit. It includes a wide array of video and audio editing features. There is a built-in screen recorder for those who need to create educational videos on YouTube too. With VSDC, you can cut, merge, trim your clip, add transition effect, video effect, filters, remove green screen background as well as adding animated titles to your video with ease.
VSDC free video editor supports different video formats and codecs, including 4K video. Most importantly, this software is completely free, no logo inserted when publishing video. Though you sometimes get ads for the VSDC Pro version at launch as well. But if you don’t need features like motion tracking or speed up video output, just skip the ad and continue as usual.
- Completely free to use with no watermark on the output.
- Includes load of video effect, transition effect, filters and advanced features like chroma key, mask tool and color correction tool.
- Good performance on low end computer.
- Good video exporting speed.
- The user interface is a bit confusing if you are new to the software.
- Audio wave form is not available in free edition.
- Free version does not support hardware acceleration too.
#3. Filmora X
Another great software for new YouTubers in our list is Filmora X, formally Filmora9 or Wondershare Filmora video editor. This is a simple to use, yet powerful video editing software that any new YouTuber should try. It is all you need to make great videos for your YouTube channel. With Filmora X, you can easily split, trim your video, cut out unwanted parts from your clips, merge video clips without quality lost as well as crop video, add zoom and pan effect, transition effect, color filters and a bunch of different title presets, elements, split screen templates, chroma key, masking tools, advanced color grading tools and more.
Filmora X supports a wide range of video and audio formats, including 4K H265 and HEVC codec. It also allows you to create proxy if you want to start making 4K videos on low end computers. If you want to start new YouTube channel about travel, cooking, vlog etc, Filmora X is no doubt the best option to go.
- Intuitive user interface and smart workflow.
- Load of built-in presets and effect such as animation titles, split screen templates, transition effect and elements.
- Includes advanced features such as chroma key, masking tools, animation keyframes, audio keyframing and motion tracking etc.
- Has the option to reduce preview quality to help you edit video on low end computers.
- Support 4K videos.
- Exporting speed is very fast even when you’re editing videos on low end computers.
- Affordable license price compare to other similar video editors on the market.
- The output will be watermarked in free version.
- Free hand mask is not available in the current version.
- Filmora X review.
- Download Filmora X free version.
- 30% Off Filmora X discount coupon code for Windows.
- 30% Off Filmora X discount coupon code for macOS.
#4. Davinci Resolve 17
Last but not least is Davinci Resolve 17, an all-in-one free video editing software for those of you who want to start making YouTube videos with zero budget. This software includes a lot of advanced features that many premium software does not have. With Davinci resolve 17, you can even create Hollywood-quality videos if you take the time and effort to learn how to use it.
Davinci resolve’s biggest weakness is that it requires a highly configurable computer and the workflow is slightly different from popular video editing software. In return, it is completely free, there is no watermark, so you can download and try it out to see if it is suitable for you.
- No watermark on the outputs.
- Includes professional color grading tools.
- Supports wide range video formats and codecs.
- Steep learning curve.
- Requires high end computers with powerful GPU.
Above is a list of free video editing software that we think that they are suitable for a new YouTuber. If you find this information useful, don’t forget to share this article. If you need more advice about free video making software, do not hesitate to contact us for more specific advice.
Leave a Reply