Screencast software for creating training videos, product demonstration.
Screencast software is a tool which allows users to record video and narration from computer’s screen to create a videos for various purposes such as: making tutorials, product demonstrations or training videos. For many users, a free screencast software is enough to use for simple works such as: recording a short tutorial videos to show their friends, colleagues some pieces of information on their computer’s screen.
However, there are also many users looking for professional software which can help them in more complicated jobs such as: long training videos with annotations, highlights or creating high quality product demonstrations and so on.
Of all the best free and paid screencast software we’ve reviewed, these are 5 best screencast software for Windows and Mac you can use to create professional screencast videos. All of them had been tested carefully, virus free and safe to download.
ActivePresenter is a product of Atomi Systems. It is a free, light weight and professional screencast software for capturing video and audio from your desktop. If you are looking for a free, simple to use, light weight screencast software with feature-rich editing tools, then you should try ActivePresenter.
- Easy to use.
- Record full screen or customized area.
- No watermark, no time limit.
- Built-in editing tools
- Export file to various formats.
- Full HD quality result.
- Add annotations, text, sub title, transitions.
- Can’t record webcam.
- Sharing directly online is disabled.
No wonder that Camtasia Studio 9, created by TechSmith, is a great screencast software for making professional, nice looking videos. It has all tools you need for screencasting such as: a powerful screen recorder, an easy to use, logical video editor with tons of basic and advanced editing options. However, it is a drawback that Camtasia gives you only 30 days trial. It does not have free version like ActivePresenter.
- Easy to use.
- Great built-in video editing tools.
- Record full screen or part, webcam.
- Import and edit images, audio and video up to 4K resolution.
- Add annotations, transitions, animations as well as audio, visual effects.
- Add quizzes to the video.
- No Free version. Only free trial in 30 days.
- 199$/ license.
Screencast o Matic is a good free screencast software for creating short screencast videos (less than 15 minutes) with voice-over. This is a web-based freeware which means you don’t need to download and install on your computer. Regardless of the lack of video editing tools, its high quality result and an easy to use interface makes Screencast O Matic more and more popular in the world now.
- Easy to use.
- Record screen, webcam or both.
- Record video and narration.
- Built-in outline tools.
- Recording time limit in free version is 15 minutes only.
- Lack of video editing tools in free version.
- Max. screen resolution in free version is 720px
Paid version features
- Insert intro, outros, Mp4 videos or music in the recorded videos.
- You can also add shapes, blur effect, text caption, highlight to videos.
- Animation and 3D effect is one of good feature in Screencast O Matic.
- Zoom n pan, speed up/down of the video is also possible.
- Go pro at 15$/year and 29$ for 3 year.
Bandicam is one of the best screencast software for recording desktop monitor or games that has been using by many users around the world. It has full options of video and audio capturing capability for you to create screencast videos in its free version. The quality of recorded videos is really great.
- Easy to use
- Record video in various options, record webcam.
- Record high quality games in 4K Ultra HD video at resolution up to 3840×2160 and HD video with max 144fps.
- Real-time drawing: Draw and outline you video or sreenshot in real time is possible.
- Mix your voice in is the recording is a unique function of Bandicam.
- Add logo to video.
- Add mouse effects and animation while recording.
- Lack of video editing tools.
- Output file is limited to only AVI and MP4.
- Free (unregistered version)
- Paid in 29$/ 1 PC.
How to start creating a screencast video in 3 steps?
I will take ActivePresenter as an example to guide you through how to create a screencast video for free.
Step 1: Visit Atomi’s website and download ActivePresenter to your computer. The download package is very light and you can easily install it on your computer. After the installation finished, a shortcut of the software will appear on your screen. Now you can start creating your screencast. The interface appears as per blow picture.
Step 2: Start creating your screencast by choosing New Project. Choose one of 4 recording modes. It will open a new Recording set up Windows as you can see in below picture. Click Red button on the right to start your screencast or look at more setting on floating bar or more setting in “very small arrow at the left corner”
Step 3: When you finish recording, you can open your screencast and edit it with amazing features. The output format is set default to appj file. After editing, you can save the videos in any output format file you want such as: MP4, FLV, AVI, WMV, WebM, MKV or PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Adobe PDF, HTML.
Example of a screencast video created by ActivePresenter
For more visual, take a look at these tutorial videos which you can easily access to Atomi’ Youtube channels.
With a professional screencasting software, you are able to create amazing tutorial videos, product demonstration or amazing marketing videos that can help you earn a lot of money. Therefore, We suggest you pick up one of the above mentioned tool and start creating wonderful things. Remember to follow us to receive more valuable post notifications in the future.