Free screencast software for creating training videos, product demonstration. 5 best free and paid screencast software for Windows and Mac. Low cost screencast software for Windows.
Screencast software is a tool which allows users to record video and narration from computer’s screen to create a videos for various purposes such as: making tutorials, product demonstrations or training videos. For many users, a free screencast software is enough to use for simple works such as: recording a short tutorial videos to show their friends, colleagues some pieces of information on their computer’s screen.
However, there are also many users looking for professional software which can help them in more complicated jobs such as: long training videos with annotations, highlights or creating high quality product demonstrations and so on.
Of all the best free and paid screencast software we’ve reviewed, these are 5 best screencast software for Windows and Mac you can use to create professional screencast videos. All of them had been tested carefully, virus free and safe to download.
Top 5 best screencast software for Windows and Mac
I have reviewed many simple screen recording software to find out the best one. But that is not easy. Many of them are simple to use but limited feature while some others are too complicated to use or lack of annotation tools. That’s the reason why there are only 5 software in my list.
The most lightweight, free screencast software for Windows 7/8x/10 and Mac in the market.
ActivePresenter is a product of Atomi Systems. It is a free, lightweight and professional screencast software for capturing video and audio from your desktop. If you are looking for an all-in-one solution with screen recorder, video editor and elearning authoring tool, you should try ActivePresenter. Like many other screencast tools, ActivePresenter can grab image still video and audio from desktop, cut, trim unwanted parts or join clips as well as adding either shapes or quizzes into the slides. Finally, your videos can be exported to video formats, Word, PDF, Excel or Html5 content. It is available for both Windows and Mac.
- Easy to use.
- Record full screen or customized area.
- No watermark, no time limit.
- Built-in editing tools
- Export file to various formats.
- Full HD quality result.
- Add annotations, text, sub title, transitions.
- Can’t record webcam.
- Sharing directly online is disabled.
The most professional screencast software for Windows and Mac you should try after ActivePresenter.
No wonder that Camtasia Studio 9, created by TechSmith, is a great screencast software for making professional, nice looking videos. It has all tools you need for screencast such as: a powerful screen recorder, an easy to use, logical video editor with tons of basic and advanced editing options. If you want to make tutorial video, product demos or marketing video with clickable links, Camtasia can help. However, it is a drawback that Camtasia gives you only 30 days trial. It does not have free version like ActivePresenter. Of all professional screencasting tools, Camtasia is the first option you should consider for your long term business development.
- Easy to use.
- Great built-in video editing tools.
- Record full screen or part, webcam.
- Import and edit images, audio and video up to 4K resolution.
- Add annotations, transitions, animations as well as audio, visual effects.
- Add quizzes to the video.
- No Free version. Only free trial in 30 days.
- 199$/ license.
A powerful screencast software for creating tutorial video on Windows, Mac and iOS.
Apowersoft Screen Recorder Pro is another wonderful product designed by Apowersoft Ltd, a Hong Kong based enterprise, from our point of view. It has all necessary tools to record from your desktop, webcam, system sound, audio from external device to give high-quality results.
You are able to customize full screen or part of screen, switch between screen options, schedule tasks.. and so on. A free video editor with some basic editing tools allow you to cut, trim, adjust video speed, contrast, shapes and convert to various formats such as: MP4, WMV, AVI, MOV, FLV, MPEG, VOB, ASF, GIF. You can choose to upload your result directly to YouTube, FTP or share it on popular social media.
- User-friendly interface.
- Record full screen or regional.
- Record around mouse area.
- Record on iOS.
- Record Webcam, 2nd monitor screen.
- Support more than 20 languages in the tool.
- Allow video output settings, mouse style setting, audio input setting, output format setting.
- Take screenshot easily.
- Customize hotkey, video quality, audio codec.
- Convert recorded video to MP4, WMV, AVI, FLV, MPEG, VOB, ASF and GIF
- Free for online tool
- $39.95 for personal license.
The best screen capture and video recording software for screencast purposes.
Snagit is another great product from TechSmith that deserves to to be one of the best screencast software. It is a professional, powerful screen capture and video recording software for Windows and Mac. It’s a pity that Snagit doesn’t have a free version, it offer only 15 days free trial and comes up with the price $49.95 for a license.
- Smart and simple to use program.
- Capture image, cursor, video and audio easily.
- Recording full screen, regional, webcam or scrolling page.
- Built-in video editor with capture info effect.
- Shapes and Annotation tools available in editor.
- Back ground auto fill function.
- Adding stamp, call out, transition or workflow.
- Manage files in Snagit’s library.
- Share on Google drive or on TechSmith’s server.
- No free version.
The most famous free screencast software for recording games and how-to video tutorials on Windows.
Bandicam is one of the best screencast software for recording desktop monitor or games that has been using by many users around the world. It has full options of video and audio capturing capability for you to create screencast videos in its free version. The quality of recorded videos is really great.
- Easy to use
- Record video in various options, record webcam.
- Record high quality games in 4K Ultra HD video at resolution up to 3840×2160 and HD video with max 144fps.
- Real-time drawing: Draw and outline you video or sreenshot in real time is possible.
- Mix your voice in is the recording is a unique function of Bandicam.
- Add logo to video.
- Add mouse effects and animation while recording.
- Lack of video editing tools.
- Output file is limited to only AVI and MP4.
- Free (unregistered version)
- Paid in 29$/ 1 PC.
Low Cost Screencast Software For Windows
1. VSDC Video Editor Pro – $19.95 – See it.
VSDC video editor is one of the lowest cost screencast software with only $19.95 for Pro version. It has a full HD screen recorder, plus a professional editor with professional screencasting tools for making training video, product demos and promotion videos quickly and effectively.
2. AceThinker – Free & Online – See it now!
AceThinker is a free screen recording software with built-in simple video editor which can be used for creating screencast video professionally on Windows, Mac and iOS.
3. Mirillis Action Screen Recorder – $29.95 – See it now!
Action! is compact, stylish and user friendly. Built-in screen and gameplay recording manager allows to browse, delete selected items and export recordings to popular formats and devices. Action! screen recorder defines new standard of user experience for games benchmarking, gameplay and Windows desktop real-time recording software.
How to start creating a screencast video in 3 steps?
I will take ActivePresenter as an example to guide you through how to create a screencast video for free.
Step 1: Visit Atomi’s website and download ActivePresenter to your computer. The download package is very light and you can easily install it on your computer. After the installation finished, a shortcut of the software will appear on your screen. Now you can start creating your screencast. The interface appears as per blow picture.
Step 2: Start creating your screencast by choosing New Project. Choose one of 4 recording modes. It will open a new Recording set up Windows as you can see in below picture. Click Red button on the right to start your screencast or look at more setting on floating bar or more setting in “very small arrow at the left corner”
Step 3: When you finish recording, you can open your screencast and edit it with amazing features. The output format is set default to appj file. After editing, you can save the videos in any output format file you want such as: MP4, FLV, AVI, WMV, WebM, MKV or PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Adobe PDF, HTML.
Example of a screencast video created by ActivePresenter
For more visual, take a look at these tutorial videos which you can easily access to Atomi’ Youtube channels.
With a professional screencasting software, you are able to create amazing tutorial videos, product demonstration or amazing marketing videos that can help you earn a lot of money. Therefore, We suggest you pick up one of the above mentioned tool and start creating wonderful things. Remember to follow us to receive more valuable post notifications in the future.