Top 5 best screencast software for making high quality learning videos on Windows/ Mac. These programs are perfect for creating eLearning content.
Screencast software is a handy useful computer program for educators, teachers or trainers to create engaging lessons in video formats. It is especially useful when someone want to teach the others about how to use a software, a product or any kind of complicated services. Normally, a screencast software often includes a screen recorder, a video editor and a set of annotation tools for decorating captured images or videos.
In today’s article, I am going to share with you 5 best screencast software for Windows and Mac that you can use to make stunning screencast videos effortlessly. These are the software that I’ve reviewed carefully in recent months. This list consists of the most easy-to-use and professional programs only. Whether you want to record a video from your desktop monitor, a game-play or what’s happening on your computer’s screen, these programs can help.
Let dive into the detail now!
Top 5 Best Screencast Software For Making High Quality Learning Videos
ActivePresenter is an all-in-one screencasting software for creating how-to videos, product demos or tutorials. It is built with a full high definition screen recorder and professional video editing features plus dozen for annotation tools for training purposes. All these features are free to use for non-commercial purposes. Beside basic screencasting features, ActivePresenter also provides advanced tools for professional use such as Chroma key, Blur moving objects, customize Java Script, text-to-speech, picture picture, adjust audio and so on. Click here to read our detail review of ActivePresenter!
- Easy to use.
- Record full screen or customized area.
- No watermark, no time limit.
- Built-in editing tools
- Export file to various formats.
- Full HD quality result.
- Add annotations, text, sub title, transitions.
- Sharing directly online is not possible.
- Free for non-commercial purposes.
- $199 for Standard edition.
- $399 for professional edition.
No wonder that Camtasia, created by TechSmith, is one of the best screencast software for making professional and nice looking videos. It has all tools you need for making screencast such as: a powerful and full HD screen recorder, an easy-to-use and logical video editor with tons of basic and advanced editing options. Adding effects, callouts and annotations in Camtasia is as easy as a piece of cake. For those of you who don’t know about Camtasia, read our latest review of Camtasia in this post.
- Easy to use.
- Great built-in video editing tools.
- Record full screen or a part.
- Record webcam.
- Import and edit images, audio and video up to 4K resolution.
- Add annotations, transitions, animations as well as audio, visual effects.
- Add quizzes to the video easily.
- No Free version. Only free trial in 30 days.
- Free trial in 30 days.
- $249 per lifetime license.
A powerful screencast software for creating tutorial video on Windows, Mac and iOS.
Apowersoft Screen Recorder Pro is a simple yet powerful screencast software for recording video and audio from your computer’s monitor. You can also record webcam, edit recorded video and upload it directly to YouTube, FTP or Google Drive quickly. Like ActivePresenter and Camtasia, it is simple to record video in full screen or part of screen, switch between screen options, schedule tasks.. and so on. Its free video editor has basic editing features for cutting, trimming and adjusting video speed, contrast, shapes as well as converting the file into various formats such as: MP4, WMV, AVI, MOV, FLV, MPEG, VOB, ASF, GIF.
- User-friendly interface.
- Record full screen or regional.
- Record around mouse area.
- Record on iOS.
- Record Webcam, 2nd monitor screen.
- Support more than 20 languages in the tool.
- Allow video output settings, mouse style setting, audio input setting, output format setting.
- Take screenshot easily.
- Customize hotkey, video quality, audio codec.
- Convert recorded video to MP4, WMV, AVI, FLV, MPEG, VOB, ASF and GIF
- Free for online tool
- $39.95 for personal license.
As time gone by, we’ve found that Movavi Screen Capture Studio has become more and more powerful in making screencast. This program includes a high quality screen recorder, powerful video editor and dozen of annotation tools you can use to create instructional videos. It’s great for making either tutorial videos or product demos. Read our detail review of Movavi Screen Capture Studio here to learn more.
Movavi Screen Capture Studio is available on both Windows and Mac. It offers 14 days trial and the license price is very affordable i.e $59.95 only. This is a lifetime license and you can use all its features.
- Easy to use
- Record screen and edit recorded video quickly.
- Recording full screen, regional, webcam or audio simultaneously or separately.
- Built-in video editor with capture info effect.
- Shapes and Annotation tools available in editor.
- Adding stamp, call out, transition or workflow.
- Export and share video easily.
- 14 days free trial.
- $59.95 per license.
A great free screencast software for recording games and how-to videos for Windows.
Bandicam is an easy-to-use and powerful screencast software for recording game-play whether it is OpenGL or Console. Bandicam makes it possible to record various 2D/3D games with 4K UHD Video and capture up to 144 FPS Video; Bandicam can record everything on your computer screen and save it as video files(AVI, MP4) or image files; Bandicam can record everything on your computer screen and save it as video files(AVI, MP4) or image files.
- Easy to use
- Record video in various options, record webcam.
- Record high quality games in 4K Ultra HD video at resolution up to 3840×2160 and HD video with max 144fps.
- Real-time drawing: Draw and outline you video or screenshot in real time is possible.
- Mix your voice in is the recording is a unique function of Bandicam.
- Add logo to video.
- Add mouse effects and animation while recording.
- Lack of video editing tools.
- Output file is limited to only AVI and MP4.
- Free (unregistered version)
- Pro version price is 29$/ 1 PC.
With a professional screencast software, you are able to create amazing tutorial videos, product demonstration or amazing marketing videos that can help you earn a lot of money. Therefore, We suggest you pick up one of the above mentioned tool and start creating wonderful things. Remember to follow us to receive more valuable post notifications in the future.