Tiny Take free screen recorder is a simple tool for capturing your desktop with audio for free. It has possible to record your desktop in full screen or customized area as well as integrated webcam recording. You can not record more than 5 minutes in free version. Although it does not leave a watermark, but the lack of video editing features make us disappointed about this program.
Although, there are many review website rated this program as one of the best free screen recorder, but we are not totally agreed with them. Yes, it is a simple to use free screen recording software which allow users to record video up to 5 minutes with audio and share directly to YouTube or Tiny Take’s Server which provide us 2GB storage for each account we created. Taking a screenshot in Tiny Take is as easy as recording with various options: Capture window, webcam. The default output video is in MP4. That’s all you have from this free screen recorder.
Being noticed that this free screen recorder does not provide any video editing feature at all. It is not possible to annotate on the screen during recording as well as after finished recording like many other free tools that we reviewed recently. You can only annotate on the captured images only.
To be honest, we are a little bit disappointed about this program and decided to rate it 6/10 star only.
- Easy to use. Safe to download and install.
- Capture full screen, window or customized region.
- Record full screen or specific area.
- Record audio
- Record webcam.
- Annotate pictures
- Share recorded video to YouTube directly.
- 2GB storage free on Tiny Take server.
- Possible to customize hotkeys, proxy.
- No watermark.
- No video editing tools.
- No annotation tools.
- Recording time limit at 5 minutes only.
- Request to register an account before use.
- Only support Windows 7 and above.
- Lack of YouTube Tutorial channel.
Platform: Windows 7 & above desktops and requires a minimum of 4GB of RAM.
Download size: 22.1 MB. Visit and download Tiny Take here.
Latest Version: 4.0.1 Released: August 11th
Our Reviewed date: 28 August 2017
Category: Free Screen Recorders
Best Free Screen Capture & Video Recording Software
TinyTake is a free screen capture & video recording software for Microsoft Windows & Mac. With TinyTake, you can capture images and videos of your computer screen, add comments and share them with others in minutes. TinyTake is built by MangoApps – The Team Collaboration Software and Intranet Software Company and is available for free.
Simple, Free and Feature Rich
- Record a video of your screen (upto 120 minutes)
- Record a video using your web-cam
- Capture a region, a window or entire screen
- Capture an image using your web-cam
- Open, annotate and share an existing image
- Copy to clipboard or save it locally
- Store screenshots & videos in the cloud
- Share a link to the stored screenshot & video
- Zoom in / zoom out
- Assign custom short-cut keys
- Proxy server friendly
Although there are disadvantages in Tiny Take, but it is still a useful tool for someone who need a simple free recorder for short screencast on their Windows computer. If you have tried Tiny Take, please share with us your comment.
Follow us via email to receive our valuable post notification whenever we write something new.
Other free screen recorders: