Our review: VideoPad video editor is a simple to use, intuitive video editor for creating professional videos quickly that you can trust. It is a cross platforms editor (Windows, Mac and Android) which can capture video from various file formats and devices.
VideoPad has a really friendly, classic and intuitive editing interface that everyone can learn quickly. You will have a menu bar on top of the editing window to control the whole project while clips, audio and image are placed on the left of the window. You also have a preview window on the right of the windows and a timeline at the bottom. All major editing buttons are displayed with a small icon, you can recognize it easily.
- VideoPad video editor can capture video from DV based or HDV Camcorder, Webcam or most common video file format including avi, mpeg, wmv, divX, Xvid, mp4, mov, vob, ogm, H.264, RM and more.
- Import images: bmp, gif, jpg, png, tif and more
- Import Audio: wav, mp3, m4a, mid, flac, aac, wma, au, aiff, ogg, raw, dvf, vox and more
Basic video editing tools
During our test, it is really simple to use all basic editing tools in this program including cut, crop, trim, split clip as well as add music, audio, text and transitions to the project. Drag and drop is the most common action you do while editing video. In VideoPad, you can add as many video and audio tracks as you want. A free transition and effects library is available in the tool.
Advanced video editing tools
As mentioned in the first paragraph, VideoPad editor can create professional, nice looking videos which mean it has necessary advanced editing tools like 3D video editing, 2D to 3D stereoscopic conversions as well as 360 degree videos effects. You are able to customize the duration of transitions as well as overlay text for captions and movie credits easily. Chroma key, reduce camera shake with video stabilization are good too.
Video rendering options
In VideoPad, there are various options you can choose such as burn to DVD, CD, Blu-ray or HD-DVD as well as other popular formats: avi, wmv, mpg, 3gp, mp4, mov, mkv, gif and more. The option to upload videos directly to YouTube, Facebook or Flickr is a great choice for users too.
Version and Price
As a cross platforms video editor, VideoPad can work on Windows, macOS X and Android. They offer different prices for Master’s edition and Home’s edition while the download link for Windows, Mac, Android will be redirect to the same set up file.
- VideoPad Video Editor Master’s Edition All features unlimited audio tracks and plugins: $49.99
- VideoPad Video Editor Home Edition: Full featured, but allows only two audio tracks and no external plugins: $29.99
- The good thing is: A free video editor version is available for non-commercial use only. If you will be using it at home you can download the free version here. (Since 25.09.2017, this video editor is no more free)
VideoPad video editor latest tutorial video
During our test, VideoPad video editor proved that it’s worth trying in the lineup of free, simple video editor for making stunning videos for both home users and professionals. I hope you spend some time looking at this software and share with us your opinion. Don’t forget to follow us to receive more valuable post notifications in the future.