Training your employees whether they are new or experienced ones plays an important role in the development of your business, especially when you are doing business in service area. It helps you increase the quality of your service and guarantee that every employee knows what their roles is and how to perform their daily work correctly. Choosing the right employee training software is the first thing every manager needs to consider.
In this post, we will help you to choose the best employee training software whether you want to build a single online training course for a specific position, or to design interactive e-learning courses for each department of your company. All these types of employee training can be developed quickly through a training platform.
Choosing Employee Training Software: Why Would You Want To?
Employee training software can help you save tons of money compare to what you have to pay for a third party training solution. With an appropriate training program, you can create your own employee training courses by spending the same amount of time to explain your needs to professional training content creators.
2. Convenient For You and Your Employees
If you create training programs on your own, you’ll know exactly what’s important to your employee and what’s not. It’s also more convenient for your employees to give feedback directly to you than reporting to a training management system that takes days to reach you due to processing and generating report time. Added to that, professional training programs let you track your employee’s completion via multiple types of questions and quizzes. You create a training course, ask your employees to join, give them a completion deadline and let they choose when and where to finish the course themselves.
3. Easy To Update
Company policy is the thing that you don’t want to change during certain years. However, the products and services are some thing you may want to improve from time to time. It’s easy to create one employee training course and update the course whenever you want in these training software.
Different Types of Employee Training Software On the Market
There are several types of employee training software if you’re doing some searches on Google. You may heard about e-learning software, e-learning authoring tool or online training software etc. They’re are, in some cases, referring to the same program that allows you to create your training courses in different ways: Offline or Online (Cloud-based platform).
Thanks to what we’ve tested, there are only two kinds of employee training software that is available on the market right now i.e: Offline and Online software.
What Is Offline Employee Training Software?
It is a computer program that you have to download and install on your computer before using it. You can work on the program without have an internet connection so long as you have it installed. This means you can create the course any where you want to: at home, at your office, in a cafe shop or during your business trip etc. Take a look at these offline programs to learn more!
How About Online Software?
Typically, it’s a cloud-based platform which lets you create training courses directly on their server. You don’t need to download and install anything but internet connection is a must. The speed of your content development depends very much on your internet speed. Honestly, I am not a big fan of cloud-based platform since I hate waiting for the program to response every time I change something in the course.
How To Choose An Employee Training Software?
As a manager, it’s important to choose an employee training software. Anyway, it’s not a big deal if you know the basic about them. Here are some of the most important factors to check when choosing an employee training software:
- Ease of use: Professional employee training software doesn’t have to be difficult to use. We’ve tested dozen of powerful employee training software like ActivePresenter, iSpring Suite, Articulate and many more, they have one thing in common that’s very easy-to-use. Every one can learn how to use these programs in minutes even if you don’t know anything about them before.
- Consider your requirements: Different programs offer different feature packages at various price levels. You’ll need to carefully consider which features are important for you and which features are not. For example, if you are going to create a single employee training course for your own company, you don’t have to purchase a Content Library which includes various kinds of characters and poses as well as a cloud-hosted Learning Management System (LMS). All you need is a program that lets you to design a course in slides with images and videos such as ActivePresenter or Camtasia.
- Try Before You Buy: It’s vital to learn how the program works and is it worth to spend your money. Most of the software vendors allows you to try the their products within 30 days as trial to evaluate the program before asking you to purchase a license. Don’t buy the program just because of their name.
- How much are you willing to pay? Normally, an employee training software is very expensive ones. It’s a good idea to figure out how much you have to pay for the license if you are satisfied with the program after trial period.
That’s not everything but the most important factors you must take a look. If you need any advice from our experts, please contact us. We are here to help!
Whether you are small or big enterprises, training your employees is an important task you can’t ignore it. The more time you spend on employee training, the less time you have to spend on fixing their mistakes. Don’t you want to teach every new employee the same, boring things about the company and products all the time? Let employee training software helps you. You need to create the course only once and use it forever!
Don’t forget to follow us to receive more valuable post notifications in the future! If you have any question or comment, don’t hesitate to drop us an email or chat with us at the comment box.