Video is engaging! Video is amazing! People spend hours watching video whether on YouTube, Facebook, Dailymotion, Netflix and Tweeter. Nowadays, videos are also used for improving the effectiveness of training, especially in eLearning industry. Of courses, these training courses are hosted on a specific learning management systems, rather than above video sharing channels. But, how to create effective video-based training courses with your limited budget? First, and the most important factor is to select correct tool to use. In today’s article, I will share with you 5 tools to create effective video-based training courses at your budget. Let’s get started now.
5 Tools to Create Effective Video-Based Training Courses
ActivePresenter is my first recommendation for creating effective video-based training courses at your budget. This all-in-one elearning authoring tool has everything you need to create any kind of training video such as product knowledge training, software systems training or regulatory compliance training. With ActivePresenter, you can also transform your traditional training video into fully responsive interactive branching scenarios courses in SCORM or xAPI Tin Can easily. Take a look at this introduction video to learn more about ActivePresenter.
Key features of ActivePresenter
- Advanced recording features: Full Motion Recording, Smart Capture
- Video editing: Cut, Crop, Join, Change Volume, Speed Up, Slow Down
- Multiple Audio/Video Layers
- Rich annotations: Shapes, Image, Zoom-n-Pan, Closed Caption, Cursor Path, Audio/Video Overlays
- Smart Annotation
- Themes & Templates
- Export to: MP4, WebM, MKV, AVI, WMV
- Export to: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Adobe PDF, HTML
- Commercial Use
- Advanced Audio/Video Effects: Fade In, Fade Out, Noise Reduction, Blur, Green Screen
- HTML5 Export
- Fully Responsive Design
- Interactions: Button, Mouse Click, Text Input, Drag & Drop, Keystroke
- Quiz: 9 Types of Questions
- Report & Tracking in LMS (SCORM, xAPI)
- Free edition can be used for non-commercial purposes.
- Standard edition lifetime license: $199 for creating video-based training courses.
- Professional edition lifetime license: $399 for creating HTML5 eLearning courses.
2. TechSmith Camtasia
Another great tool to create video-based training courses is Camtasia of TechSmith. This video editing suite has been available on the market since 2002. It’s considered to be the most powerful video training tool for years with many feature enhancements and updates every year. With Camtasia, you are able to make training videos from recording your computer screen, edit existing footage on your computer, add beautiful annotations, callouts, quizzes, surveys and more. To learn more about Camtasia, read our detail review here!
Key Features of Camtasia
- Record your screen: Record anything — your whole screen or just a window. Or, add video, images, audio, and PowerPoint presentations that you already have.
- Make edits: A simple timeline makes editing video easy. Combine or split clips, trim, and speed up or slow down footage. Then, instantly preview inside the video editor.
- Add effects: Give videos polish with professional video editor effects. Add highlights, animation, titles, transitions and more. Simply drag and drop the effects onto the timeline.
- Free trial in 30 days.
- Camtasia lifetime license: $249 for 1 PC/Mac.
3. Movavi Screen Capture Studio
If you don’t need to create interactive video courses with interactions or tracking and reports like what you see in the key features of ActivePresenter and Camtasia, you can use Movavi Screen Capture Studio instead. This tool is capable of creating impressive video-based training videos at much more reasonable cost than above mentioned programs i.e $59.95 per license only. Although this software can’t be used to create HTML5 courses like above mentioned tools, it’s more than enough to create effective training videos such as how-to tutorial, software demos or sales training videos. Read this review to learn more about Movavi Screen Capture Studio.
Key Features of Movavi Screen Capture Studio
- Powerful and simple to use screen recorder and video editor.
- Has many ready to use templates, filters and transitions.
- Has advanced video editing features for polishing videos like other professional video editors.
- Free trial in 7 days.
- Windows & Mac lifetime license: $59.95 perpetual.
Another amazing online video tool that impressed me most among many web-based tool is Screencast-O-Matic. If you’re an educator looking to use video, Screencast-O-Matic offers the most robust, easy-to-use and cost-effective solutions available for video creation, management, and sharing. Screencast-O-Matic enables schools and universities to use the video platform end-to-end or to integrate the recording and video editing tools within existing learning management systems, hosting services, and intranet. It has an easy-to-use video editor with full suite of editing tools plus dozen of useful functions for making interactive videos like other professional programs. Take a look at this introduction video to learn more about Screencast O Matic.
5. Filmora Video Editor
Last, but not least. Don’t forget to use Filmora Video Editor to create video-based training courses if you’re a fan of beautiful video effects. Like Movavi Screen Capture Studio, Filmora lets you record screen, record webcam, record audio from your microphone and bring everything to its timeline video editor where you can add more annotations to create more engaging training videos. We wrote a very careful review of Filmora Video Editor recently, click here to read.
Key Features of Filmora Video Editor
- Record video on the screen with mouse cursor.
- Edit video features: cut, trim, crop, split screen, chroma key, noise removal, adjust audio, adjust color, add callouts and annotations.
- Free edition with watermark on exported videos.
- Windows and Mac lifetime license: $59.99 perpetual.
When making video-based training courses, to select the right tool, it’s important to know what kind of output you’re going to produce and which platform are you going to publish your courses. If you don’t know where to start, don’t hesitate to contact us for help. You can also comment directly at this post if you have any question to ask. Don’t forget to follow us to stay up-to-date with our latest news. Hope this article helps you save your time.