Best free screen recorder for Windows 10. Windows 10 free screen recorders for recording video and taking screenshot from your computer’s screen.
As a Windows 10 user, you may some time want to capture your computer’s screen to show others what is happening on your desktop or making a tutorial video for your products or services. It is vital that you have correct software to do this task.
Option 1: you can use Windows 10 built-in tool to record your computer’s screen. Read this detail tutorial: How to record screen on Windows 10.
Option 2: Choose a free screen recorder you can use to record video and audio on Windows 10 from the list of 6 best free screen recorders for Windows 10 in the next part of this post.
The best free screen recorders for Windows 10
These are the best software we have reviewed carefully recently. Our targets are high quality free screen recorders for Windows 10 with a built-in video editor. We don’t pick the software that is only capable of recording video without drawing tools or video editing features.
ActivePresenter is an all-in-on free screen recording software that you can use to record Window 10 desktop easily. It has all necessary tools to capture full screen or customized area as well as applications in full HD quality and edit the videos to save into various format such as AVI, MP4, WebM, MKV. Recording systems sound and audio from external device like microphone is an advantage of ActivePresenter.
- It is completely free to download and install on your computer.
- Simple to use. You can record video and audio in just a few clicks.
- Possible to record full high definition videos as well as audio, system sound.
- No lag, virus free, no watermark, no time limit.
- Powerful, built-in editor.
- Export videos into AVI, MKV, MP4, WebM.
- Can work on Windows 7, 8x, Windows 10 and macOS X.
- Impossible to record webcam.
Like ActivePresenter, VSDC is a powerful, professional free screen recorder software for Windows 10. It also has free editor with a feature packed annotation tools for users to use. Output videos will not have Watermark and it support quality up to 4K in new H265/HVEC codec. VSDC can work on Windows only (No macOS, No Linux).
- Simple to use interface.
- Record high quality video and audio. Possible to record multiple screens.
- Built-in drawing tools for annotation.
- Add shapes, text to the video.
- No lag, virus free, no watermark, no time limit.
- Work on all Windows operating systems.
- Limited output formats.
- Lack of built-in editing tools.
OBS studio free screen recorder is the most popular free capturing tool you can use to record Windows 10 desktop. You will need some time to learn how to set up OBS as well as how to use full OBS recording functions when getting started. Read our full OBS studio review here.
- Great output quality.
- Free to use without any limitation.
- Great tool for capturing full screen and live streaming.
- Capture videos, images from desktop or external devices are really simple.
- Well arranged interface as a Studio.
- Built-in editor.
- Can work on Windows 7, 8x and Windows 10.
- Difficult to use for beginners.
- Not much tutorial, guidance from the developers.
Icecream free screen recorder software can work well on Windows 10. It is an easy to use screen recording software and screenshot tool you can trust. Although, it offers only 10 minutes recording in free version but its pro version is very cost effective, only $15/year.
- Record video and audio from computer, webcam.
- Easy to adjust recording frame, take screenshot in a click.
- Various output format options.
- Built-in drawing tools.
- Free, no lag, virus free.
- Can work on Windows and macOS.
- Lack of editing video features.
- Limit recording time in only 10 minutes.
- A little bit lag when record long video.
Apowesoft is a great free online screen recorder. It has all necessary tools to record high quality video without watermark and no time limit. Its built-in free video editor is just a piece of cake for you. This is not a new software since we recommended about it in our previous topic. This is my first choice to record screen on Windows 10 when I want to make short, simple clip to upload directly on YouTube.
- Free, online tool. No download require.
- Easy to use.
- Record full screen or specific area easily.
- No watermark, no time limit.
- Share recorded video directly online.
- Built-in free video editor for basic editing such as cut, trim, adjust brightness, add text, logo to the video.
- Lack of advanced editing tools.
Bandicam free screen recorder software is really a professional software for you to use in Windows 10 especially for recording games. Despite the fact that it does not have any video editing tool like ActivePresenter or VSDC, Bandicam gains our trust while we test all of it recording mode: screen, HDMI or games. The results are really good in comparison with other software at the same level.
- Simple to use.
- Free to record video up to 10 minutes.
- Easy to download and install.
- No lag, virus free, ad free.
- Great technical support.
- Recording time limit in 10 minutes.
- No video editing features.
So, if you are looking for free screen recorder for Windows 10, take a look at our above mentioned suggestions. Here are some video tutorial you can watch.
How to record video screen in Windows 10?
1. How to record Windows 10 in ActivePresenter tutorial video
2. How to record Windows 10 in VSDC free screen recorder tutorial video
3. How to record Windows 10 in OBS Studio tutorial video
Although Windows 10 has its own screen recorder that you can use easily. However, using one of the above mentioned tools will help you capturing your desktop professionally plus a numerous editing tools for screencast purposes such as making tutorial video, production demonstration. Remember to follow us to receive more valuable post notifications in the future.
You may want to read: Best free screen recorders without Watermark.