Wondering about choosing the best free screen recorder for you Windows 10 computer (64 bit or 32 bit)? You’re at the right place now! We’ve put top 10 best free screen recorders for Windows 10 here for you to choose!
Windows 10 is the most popular operating system nowadays. The number of users is increasing rapidly during the past few years. As a result, the demand for recording video and taking screenshot on Windows 10 also increase robustly.
More and more people want to create screen-cast videos for training or making money online via YouTube or Facebook sharing channels. No matter what your purposes are, a powerful screen recording software for Wins 10 can help. Thanks to what we reviewed during the past few months, these programs can be considered as the best free screen recorders for Windows 10.
These programs are not only easy-to-use but also very powerful for both video recording and capture screenshot from your computer. The most important thing is that they are completely free, safe to download without any feature limitation.
Here are 6 best free screen recorders for Windows 10 we found
- ActivePresenter: This is the best free screen recorder for Windows 10 you should try at first. It lets you record video, take screenshot and edit recorded video without watermark or time limit. The quality is in full HD.
- VSDC free screen recorder: Another full HD, no watermark screen recorder for Windows 10 (32 bit and 64 bit) you can try. It is accompanied with VSDC free video editor.
- OBS Studio: If you like open source programs, OBS Studio is your first option to test for recording video and capture screenshot on Windows 10.
- Icecream Screen Recorder: Despite the fact that Icecream allows you to record video within 10 minutes only, but its screenshot tool is just wonderful.
- Apowersoft: A free online screen recorder for Windows 10 without download or Java script requirement. You can record anything on the screen and use Apowersoft’s real-time drawing tools to annotate your recording.
- Bandicam: A professional, intuitive and powerful game recorder for Windows 10 you must try.
Ok, let’s see what they can do now!
Detail review of the best free screen recorders for Windows 10
ActivePresenter is an all-in-on free screen recorder that you can use to record screen on Window 10 desktop easily. It has all necessary tools to capture video in full screen or customized area as well as a locked application with audio (from mic or system sound). The quality of recorded video can be customized in full HD (1080p) without watermark. You can also edit it and export into various formats such as AVI, MP4, WebM, MKV. >>Try it now!
- It is completely free to download and install on your computer.
- Simple to use. You can record video and audio in just a few clicks.
- Possible to record full high definition videos as well as audio, system sound.
- Record full screen, customized part with audio, webcam and locked applications.
- No lag, virus free, no watermark, no time limit.
- Powerful, built-in editor: cut, trim, crop video, merge, split, Zoom in/out and chroma key, text to speech and more.
- Export videos into AVI, MKV, MP4, WebM.
- Can work on Windows 7, 8x, Windows 10 and macOS X.
- It is a little bit pricey in comparison with other simple screen recording software.
Learn how to record screen in ActivePresenter from this video tutorial
Like ActivePresenter, VSDC is a powerful, professional free screen recorder for Windows 10. It also has free editor with a feature packed annotation tools for users to use. Output videos will not have watermark and it supports quality up to 4K in new H265/HVEC codec. VSDC can work on Windows only (No macOS, No Linux). The program comes together will a free video editor with professional features to use for multiple purposes. >>Try it now!
- Simple to use interface.
- Record high quality video and audio. Possible to record multiple screens.
- Built-in drawing tools for annotation.
- Add shapes, text to the video.
- No lag, virus free, no watermark, no time limit.
- Work on all Windows operating systems.
- Limited output formats.
- Can work on Windows only. No Mac, no Linux.
See how VSDC free screen recorder works here:
OBS studio is a powerful, free and open source screen recorder for Windows 10. It is the most popular software for creating YouTube video and broadcasting live streaming video now. However, it is a little bit more complicated to use in comparison with ActivePresenter and VSDC. You will need some time to learn how to set up OBS as well as how to use it when getting started. >>Read more..
- Great output quality.
- Free to use without any limitation.
- Great tool for capturing full screen and live streaming.
- Capture videos, images from desktop or external devices are really simple.
- Well arranged interface as a Studio.
- Built-in editor.
- Can work on Windows 7, 8x and Windows 10.
- Difficult to use for beginners.
- Not many tutorial videos.
- No technical support from developers.
Take a look at OBS Studio tutorial video to learn more
Icecream free screen recorder software can work well on Windows 10. It is an easy to use screen recorder with two basic options: recording video and taking screenshot. Icecream provide a clear, easy-to-navigate interface and a history bin to save your captured footage. It does not put a watemark on your recording like the above mentioned software too. Although, it offers only 10 minutes recording in free version but its pro version is very cost effective, only $15/year. >>Read more…
- Record video and audio from computer, webcam.
- Easy to adjust recording frame, take screenshot in a click.
- Various output format options.
- Built-in drawing tools.
- Free, no lag, virus free.
- Can work on Windows and macOS.
- Lack of editing video features.
- Limit recording time in only 10 minutes.
- A little bit lag when recording long video.
Learn how to record screen and take screenshot with Icecream here
Apowesoft is a great free online screen recorder for Windows 10. It has all necessary tools to record high quality video without watermark and no time limit. Its built-in free video editor is just a piece of cake for you. This is not a new software since we recommended about it in our previous topic. This is my first choice to record screen on Windows 10 when I want to make short, simple clip to upload directly on YouTube. >>Try it now!
- Free, online tool. No download require.
- Easy to use.
- Record full screen or specific area easily.
- No watermark, no time limit.
- Share recorded video directly online.
- Built-in free video editor for basic editing such as cut, trim, adjust brightness, add text, logo to the video.
- Lack of advanced editing tools.
Video tutorial for Apowersoft free online recorder
Bandicam is one of the best free screen recorder for recording gameplay on Windows 10. Despite the fact that it does not have any video editing tool like ActivePresenter or VSDC, Bandicam gains our trust while we test all of it recording mode: desktop recording, game recording and HDMI recording. The results are really good in comparison with other software at the same level. Please be mentioned that Bandicam will leave a small watermark on your video. You’ll need to update to Pro version if you want to remove it. If you can live with watermark, then it’s fine. >>Try it now!
- Simple to use.
- Free to record video up to 10 minutes.
- Easy to download and install.
- No lag, virus free, ad free.
- Great technical support.
- Watermark on recorded video.
- No video editing features.
How to record screen & gameplay with Bandicam
Why would you need these stand-alone screen recorders for Windows 10?
Despite the fact that Windows 10 offers its built-in screen recorder, called Xbox Game Bar and a simple yet easy-to-use Snipping tool, but it lacks various features for making perfect screencast like annotation tools and editing video features. Added to that, these built-in tools often have feature limitations for free users.
How to choose the best screen recorder for your Windowd 10?
In order to figure out “your best screen recorder for Windows 10”, you’ll need to consider your needs, your buget and your hardware specs. Don’t mess up with simple and cheap program if you want to start your professional screencasting career or want to become e-learning professionals.
On the other hand, don’t touch expensive tools like Camtasia Studio 9 if you only need to record your gameplay for fun.
Have you ever used one of the above mentioned tools to record your computer’s screen or take screenshot? If yes, please share with me your opinion. I would love to hear from you.
Editor’s suggestion: ActivePresenter – Free Screen Recorder & Video Editor For Windows & Mac. Try it Now!
Remember to follow us to receive more valuable post notifications in the future.
You may want to read: Best free screen recorders without Watermark.