What is Camtasia?
Camtasia combines the power of best-in-class screen recording with top-quality, easy-to-use video editing to create a video solution that is unmatched. Camtasia allows you to easily capture everything on your screen and turn it into a polished video to train, educate, and engage your audiences.
Create professional-looking videos from scratch or with things that you already have, including PowerPoint presentations, webinar recordings, video clips and images, and the knowledge that you or others already have about a product or process. Camtasia allows non-video professionals to easily create engaging and eye-catching videos.
TechSmith Camtasia makes it easy to create amazing videos without being an expert. Record your screen, import PowerPoint presentations, or add video footage you already have. Then edit, add effects with drag-and-drop ease, and share out your videos with anyone. With so many easy to use features and effects, you’ll be creating polished looking videos in no time.
More and more, people rely on visual content — including video — for communication and learning. A recent study by TechSmith found that 67% of workers perform better when instructions are provided with visual content vs. text alone.
Furthermore, using more visual content in workplace communications could gain businesses an average of $1,200 in productivity per employee per year. For external audiences, social media platforms rely on video content to grab attention and keep it. People increasingly turn to platforms like YouTube for all kinds of video content from entertainment to learning. Video is the future.
Whether you’re creating content for internal or external audiences, video provides an engaging experience that text can never achieve.
TechSmith Camtasia 2019 New Features
Camtasia 2019 is the latest version of TechSmith Camtasia which has some crucial improvements compare to Camtasia 2018. Watch this intro video to know what’s new in Camtasia 2019.
- Automatic audio leveling.
- Cursor smoothing effect.
- 10x Customizable keyboard shotcuts.
- Updated themes (with logos).
- Block Text Style.
- Vertical and horizontal text properties.
- PDF import.
- Additional video assets, device frame and transition.
- Upgrade cost: $99.95. View plan!
Existing Features in Camtasia 2018
Video creators need an easy way to reuse specific assets, such as video and audio clips, images and callouts, across different projects without feeling like they have to start from scratch every time.
Camtasia 2019’s improved Library makes it easy to quickly create videos with a consistent look and feel.
And, for the first time, Mac users now have access to this useful feature.
- Save asset groups for quick access in future projects.
- Upgrade your existing Library to improve organization and ease of use (Windows only).
- Easily search through the new Library to quickly find the assets you need, when you need them.
Create and apply themes
Camtasia 2019 allows users to set their preferred colors and fonts in specific themes. Create multiple sets of themes for different types of videos projects, and easily apply them to callouts, intros and other annotations in new and existing projects.
High frame rate editing and production
Provide a smoother viewing experience for your audience. Camtasia 2019 now provides full editing and production of videos and assets captured at 60 fps (frames per second).
Camtasia 2018 Features at a glance
|Library||The Camtasia 2019 Library helps easily organize your media and assets by different video types, brands, etc. to speed up future video creation and ensure consistency.|
|Theming||Give your videos a consistent look and feel with theming. Camtasia 2019 allows you to create, save, and apply themes with custom color and font preferences. Theming makes using your own brand colors and fonts easy.|
|60fps Editing and Production||Provide a smoother viewing experience for your audience. Camtasia 2019 now provides full editing and production of videos and assets captured at 60 fps (frames per second).|
Other key features (unchanged in 2019 version)
TechSmith Assets (Free)
Jump start your creative juices with new royalty-free video assets in Camtasia 2019. Instantly add professional elements to your video with a quick drag and drop from your library to the timeline. New assets include; customizable intros, outros, and lower thirds, plus animated backgrounds, icons, and music tracks.
TechSmith Assets (Subscription)
Feeling like your videos could use a little extra polish? We’ve got you covered with TechSmith Assets. Find exactly what you need for your Camtasia videos with unlimited access to over 600,000 royalty-free stock assets including; customizable intros, video backgrounds, lower thirds, photos, icons, and more — all for just $199 a year.
Plus, unlike with other royalty-free asset sites, Camtasia customers pay once for unlimited commercial use, instead of paying a premium for each individual asset you need.
Editing and production improvements
Get through the final video editing and production stage up to 50% faster with Camtasia 2019. Significant improvements have been made to the video encoding and production engine, resulting in better editor preview performance and faster video production times.
TechSmith Camtasia use cases by industry
Video marketing with TechSmith Camtasia 2019
You need to create videos that show off your products and services, but you don’t feel you have the expertise to do it.
Camtasia makes video creation accessible to you and your team without the time-consuming task of learning complex video editing software or going back and forth with a costly agency. Create videos from scratch or easily edit existing videos or videos captured from your screen, presentations, or camera. Make engaging videos with Camtasia’s callouts, animations, royalty-free assets, and more.
Create elearning and training videos with TechSmith Camtasia 2019
You need to create engaging and effective training videos, but you don’t want to spend all day making them.
Camtasia makes creating engaging training and tutorial videos as simple as talking through a workflow or presentation. Create and share best practice and tutorial videos that improve your organization’s desired learning outcomes. Camtasia helps you create more relevant training videos that improve learning at scale and on demand.
Create more engaging learning videos for education with TechSmith Camtasia 2019
Students expect more video in your online courses, but you’re not a video professional.
Camtasia lets you focus on teaching instead of being a video expert. Quickly create and share educational videos that cover entire lessons or explain hard to understand concepts. Camtasia can help you create videos that improve learning and comprehension.
Camtasia system requirements
- Microsoft Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 (Required: 64 Bit versions only). (Recommended: Windows 10)
- 0 GHz CPU with dual-core processor minimum (Recommended: 2.8 Ghz 6th Generation Intel® Core™ i5 Processor with 4 CPU Cores or better or equivalent or better AMD processor)
- Integrated graphics is acceptable however 4K and/or 60 FPS media will perform best with discrete graphics cards
- 4 GB RAM minimum (Recommended: 16 GB or more)
- 2 GB of hard-disk space for program installation
- Display dimensions of 1024×768 or greater
- Microsoft .NET 4.6.0 or later version (included)
- Dedicated Windows-compatible sound card, microphone, and speakers (Recommended)
- Windows N requires the MediaFeature Pack for Windows N
- Mac computer with an Intel® Core™ i5 Processor with 4 CPU Cores (Recommended: 2.8 Ghz Intel® Core™ i5 Processor with 4 CPU Cores or better)
- MacOS 10.11 or later (Rendering is not supported on external USB monitors)
- 4GB of RAM (Recommended: 8GB of RAM or greater)
- 4GB of available disk space (minimum)
- Powerpoint Import requires PowerPoint 2016 for Mac
- Playback using the Smart Player is supported on Internet Explorer 11+, Microsoft Edge (Windows 10 Anniversary Update or later), latest version for Chrome, Firefox, and Safari, iOS 11+, Android 5+ (Latest Chrome required)
Feature-specific recommendations (Windows)
- Powerpoint Import and Camtasia Add-in for PowerPoint require PowerPoint 2013, 2016 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Playback using the Smart Player is supported on Internet Explorer 11+, Microsoft Edge (Windows 10 Anniversary Update or later), latest version for Chrome, Firefox, and Safari, iOS 11+ (Safari), Android 5+ (Latest Chrome required)
- Camera video recording requires a USB Web Camera
- Integration with TechSmith Relay requires TechSmith Relay Client Recorder
- GPU acceleration requires DirectX compatible video adapter with 128 MB of video memory or greater and Pixel Shader 4.0 or later
Note: Both Windows and Mac versions of Camtasia 2019 require software license activation. An internet connection is required for access to online sharing services.
Camtasia is available in the following languages:
Screenshot of Camtasia 2019:
Camtasia 2019 Pricing Plan
Creating videos with Camtasia 2019 is easy. No matter what kind of video content you want to produce. However, its pricing plan, $249 per lifetime license is something you must carefully consider since their are other more affordable video editing suite out there. Purchase it or not, depends very much on your need and your budget. To getting started, you can download Camtasia 2019 30 days free trial here to see how it works and buy it later.
Get 10% off Camtasia Discount Coupon Code to save your money now. Normal price was $249. Now is $224.10 only. You save $24.90 with this code.
There are number of ways you can try to create awesome video content. With TechSmith Camtasia, you have the best all-in-one video editing suite to empower your creativity. It’s especially useful for making educational videos, marketing videos and local video training courses. I hope you get needed information in this post. If you have any question about this program, don’t hesitate to contact us any time. Don’t forget to follow us to keep you up-to-date with our future posts.
Affiliate disclosure: There are affiliate links in this post. We can earn a small commission from the publisher if you purchase the product via these links.