Making videos is easy nowadays due to a large number of video makers available on the internet. Free video makers often give you basic cutting and trimming tools, plus limited export video options while paid programs offer more advance features like special effects, chroma key, or color grading tools. All in all, they are not created equally. How to choose the best one for your need? That’s what I am going to share with you in this article.
1. Filmora 9
On top of the list of 5 best video makers for Windows/Mac is Wondershare Filmora 9. This video maker offers an intuitive user interface for those of you who don’t have prior video editing experience to use without steep learning curve requirement. With Filmora 9, you can cut, trim your clips, add stylish text titles, transitions, adjust the color, insert background music, plus video effect to create professional looking movies. Read our review to learn more about Filmora 9 here!
Filmora 9 is available for both Windows (64 bit) and macOS. It performs well on most low-end pc/ laptop. Filmora 9 can be used for free without any feature restriction. However, the output will be watermarked. If you want to remove the watermark, you’ll need to purchase a license at $59.99 per lifetime. A 20% off coupon code is available here to help you save your money! Take a look at below video to see how it works.
- Lightweight and simple to use.
- Perform well on low-end computers.
- Load of presets: text title, end credit, video effect and powerful audio editing tools.
- Edit up to 100 video/audio track at the same time.
- Load of cool transitions.
- Advance color grading tools.
- Export video up to 4K in various formats, device and upload directly to video sharing platforms such as YouTube, Vimeo, or Facebook.
- Affordable license price compare to other expensive video editing suites.
- Output watermark in free version.
- Lack of motion tracker, keyframe animations.
2. VSDC Free Video Maker
VSDC free video maker is available for most Windows PCs. This program is completely free to use without watermark, or feature restriction. VSDC offers a wide array of video editing tools from basic to advance, video effect, audio effect and tons of annotation tools for making tutorials, and training videos. This is one of the best free video maker I’ve seen on the internet. Take a look at this review to learn more about VSDC!
- Lightweight, great performance, fast video rendering speed on low end PC/ laptop.
- Support all Windows computer, including 32 bit, and 64 bit.
- Load of annotation tools for creating tutorials.
- Support 4K and 360 degree editing.
- Built-in video/audio effects and color grading tools.
- No watermark in free version.
- Affordable pro license price: $19.99 per lifetime only.
- Steep learning curve.
- Poor technical support.
Video can be made from text, PowerPoint slides, or screencasting (screen recording). That’s when you want to use ActivePresenter of Atomi Systems. This program is no doubt one of the best video maker for said purposes. With ActivePresenter, you can turn your presentation into video formats (MKV, MOV, MP4, AVI), record your computer screen to make software tutorials and so on. Amazingly, this program is 100% free to use without any restriction.
ActivePresenter is compatible with Windows 64 bit, and macOS. You can use this software for personal, and non-commercial purposes. Read this review to learn more!
- Simple to use.
- Load of advance features you can use.
- High quality screen recording tools.
- Export videos in Full HD without watermark.
- Load of animations for images, texts, and videos.
- Support Windows, and macOS.
- Includes advance features for professional trainers.
- No stylish video effect and presets.
- Professional edition is more expensive than other video editors.
4. Davinci Resolve
Davinci Resolve is a professional video maker for multiple platform i.e Windows, Mac and Linux. You can make professional looking videos, movies, YouTube videos, travel videos, product reviews or what ever you want to with Davinci Resolve. The program looks similar to Adobe Premiere Pro, and other NLE video editors on the market. Read my detail review of Davinci Resolve here to learn more about it.
As Davinci Resolve is a professional video maker for making films, it is much more difficult to use than above mentioned programs. Added to that, its system requirement is very high too.
Davinci Resolve Pros
- One of the most powerful NLE video maker I’ve reviewed you can use for free.
- No watermark on the output.
- High quality color grading tools.
- Decent audio mixer.
- Include everything you need to make completed movies like a pro.
Davinci Resolve Cons
- Steep learning curve.
- System requirement is too high.
Shotcut is a free and open source video maker for Windows, Mac and Linux. It has everything you need to create stunning videos without steep learning curve requirements. Compare to above mentioned programs, Shotcut is a little bit more difficult to use and lack of online support service. However, it’s worth a try if you don’t intend to pull out your pocket for a video maker. Take a look at this review to learn more!
- Completely free.
- Simple to use.
- Includes load of advance video editing features.
- Built-in video effects.
- Export video in different formats without watermark.
- Suitable for high end computers/laptops only.
- Poor technical support (It’s a common story of open source program).
Making videos is easy if you have select the right software. And it is a nightmare if you choose wrong. I hope to give you useful information in this article. If you have any question about any program in this list, don’t hesitate to drop me an email. Don’t forget to follow us to receive more valuable post in the future too.