Learn how to take screenshot on Windows 10 easily with the Snipping Tool in seconds.
Snipping Tool is a built-in screen capture apps on Microsoft Windows ( 7/ 8x and 10). It is really simple to use it and take screenshot without any learning effort even in the first time you use it. There is nothing to learn about this tool except some following notices:
Suggested topic: Top 5 Full HD Screen Recorders For Windows
- Snipping Tool provides only a simple screenshot tool without any editing capability. Although it gives you some possibilities to annotate the picture with default pen which you can use to draw on the image before saving as PNG, JPEG, GIF or Single HTML.
- The size of the file, created by Snipping Tool seems to be large and you don’t have an option to reduce it.
- It does not provide annotation tools as many other third party software do.
- There is no customized able hotkeys for taking screenshot in Snipping Tool prevents users from taking multiple screenshots quickly
Anyhow, since it is free and simple to use, Snipping Tool is still a great choice for taking screenshot on Windows 10. In today post, I am going to share with you the easiest way to take screenshot on Windows 10 with the Snipping Tool. Besides, there are some other good screen capture software from third party you should try too.
How to take screenshot on Windows 10 with the Snipping Tool
1. Launch the app
On Windows 10, in Search Box, type Snipp.., you will easily see the name on the pop-up menu. Clicking the app and you can start using it.
The interface of Snipping Tool is quite simple with New- Delay – Cancel – Option. If you want to take a screenshot, click on NEW. You will have 4 options to take screenshot on your computer which are: Free-form snip, Rectangular snip, Windows snip and Full screen snip. Once you chose an option to take screenshot, the app will direct you to the editor where you add pen touch to the captured image and save it into required file type.
It is also possible to send your image directly to Email recipient or Print.. it. There are also some available options in the setting area you can see in the below picture. There are nothing more in this tool.
Take a look at this video tutorial to learn how to use Snipping Tool in Windows 10. This is useful video, created by Robert McMillen, a YouTuber that I am following.
Best alternatives to the Snipping Tool
As I mentioned earlier at the beginning of this post, Snipping Tool is too simple to be used for some reasons. You’ll need a more powerful screen capture software by a third party to do more with your images. For example: Adding annotation, highlight an area, add text boxes, shapes or change the quality of the captured files and so on.
I wrote a topic about “The best 5 alternatives to Snipping Tool” few weeks ago. In this topic, I mentioned about the following tools:
- Snagit 2018 – $49.95: one of the most powerful screen capture software you can try as a replacement of Snipping Tool. Snagit is not only great at capturing image but also good at video recording. And its possibilities to edit captured images still videos are absolutely fantastic.
- ActivePresenter – Free: If you are not affordable to purchase a license for Snagit, you can have another great option to take screenshot on your Windows 10. It is ActivePresenter – an all-in- one software which includes: Screen recorder, video editor and elearning authoring tool.
- Icecream: This is a free screen capture and screen recorder for Windows you can try as an alternative to Snipping Tool. It is simple to use but more powerful than Snipping Tool with more advanced features like Drawing tool and video recording capability.
- Movavi Screen capture software – $39.95: A simple to use, professional screen capture tool for Windows 10 users to take screenshot and record video from their computer’s screen. It is also capable of recording webcam, Skype call and Webinar with Movavi screen capture software.
- Apowersoft free online screen capture software: If you don’t want to try the above mentioned offline software, you can use Apowersoft to take screenshot on your Windows 10 computer. It is an online tool which means you don’t need to download it to your computer.
If you find this post helpful to your and your friend, don’t hesitate to share it via your social channels. By doing that, you are encouraging me to write more useful how-to post in the future.
Have you try the Snipping Tool on your Windows 10? Do you agree with my comments in this post? Share with me. I am always listening to you.
Don’t forget to follow us to receive more valuable post notifications in the future.