Best free video editors for Windows 7 32 bit and 64 bit. This list includes 5 easy-to -use and powerful tools for editing video in Windows 7 computer.
Since I am working with a Windows 7 laptop with rather good specifications, I guess there are many users like me who’s looking for free video editor that work on Windows 7 – 32 bit or 64 bit. That’s why I wrote this article. Although an article about “best free video editor for Windows” should be enough, but you can save a lot of time if you can choose correct editor for your Windows version.
Looking for professional video editing software? Here is our latest review of under $100 best professional video editor in 2018. Check it out!
This is my computer specs: Windows 7, Core i5 processor, 32 bit, 4GB ram as shown in below picture.
For beginners, I suggest you try Filmora Video Editor as it is the most simple to use yet powerful program for editing video now. Read our review about Filmora here!
Try also Camtasia Studio 9 if you are serious video editor who is capable of covering $249 license price. It’s also a great choice to go.
Here are the best free video editors for Windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit)
These are the best video editors you can download and install on your Windows 7 computer. All software had been tested carefully.
1. Filmora Free Video editor – 32 bit and 64 bit
Wondershare Filmora is really a great free video editor that works on Windows 7. It is simple to use even for novice users. Some people will say Filmora is not a free video editor because it leaves a big watermark at the center of the video. In my opinion, it is still free to use so long as you can accept the Watermark. You can be sure that Filmora has all the tools you need to make nice looking movies, perfect tutorial videos and corporate training video as well. Take some time to read our review and see how it work.
- Modern & Easy to Use: Filmora’s delightfully intuitive design makes it easy for anyone to become a great video editor.
Filters and Overlays Transform your video with a variety of filters and graphic overlays.
Transitions Combine multiple videos and images seamlessly.
Advanced Editing Tools
- Picture in Picture (PIP) Layer multiple video clips using the Picture in Picture track.
- Audio Mixer Adjust the audio of each individual track on your timeline.
- Advanced Text Editing Edit the color, size, font, and even animation of your text and titles.
- Green Screen Change your background and create special effects using the Chroma Key (Green Screen) tool.
- Screen Recording Easily record the screen of your computer and webcam.\
- Split Screen Play two or more clips simultaneously.
- 3D Lut Choose from a selection of color grading presets inspired by popular movies.
- Video Stabilization Eliminate the effects of camera shake.
- Tilt Shift Draw focus to one part of a clip by strategically blurring the rest.
- Audio Separation Detach your audio from your video clip and edit it separately.
- Scene Detection Have Filmora scan your clips for scene changes to save yourself time.
- Audio Equalizer Fine-tune your music and audio tracks.
2. VSDC free video editor – Windows 32/64 bit
I am really a big fan of this software since it can meet most of my requirements in creating video for multiple purposes. At first, I tried to make some simple tutorial videos for my business products and VSDC completely conquered me. It can work smoothly on my Windows 7 computer and yours for sure. Spend some minutes reading my full review about this free editor here. In brief, VSDC allows you to import raw footage, edit your videos with feature rich editing tools like: cut, trim, split, join, crop video as well as Chroma key, blur effect, and add annotation to videos. And many more things you can only get in professional video editors. For me, the most important point is that the results will not have a watermark like others.
Main editing features from VSDC:
- Modern interface The video editor features a modern and highly intuitive interface that uses all kinds of wizards to make video creation and editing as simple and hassle-free as possible. Despite the simplicity of the user interface, the program offers plenty of features that allow users to create long and complex videos.
- Multimedia support Support of virtually all popular codecs and video formats, such as AVI, MP4, MKV, MPG, WMV, 3GP, FLV and others; audio files: MP3, WAV, WMA, FLAC, PCM, OGG, AAC, M4A, AMR and others; as well as image files: BMP, JPG, PNG, PSD, ICO, TIFF, etc.
- Video effects Support of a large number of video effects, color correction, object transformation and application of video filters to video files and images. You can create your own effects by combining available effects and filters.
- Audio effects This editor allows you to apply audio effects and filters to audio tracks in video and audio files. Here are some of the most popular ones: sound normalization, volume correction, echo, reverberation, equalizer and others.
2. ActivePresenter Free video editor – Windows 7 64 bit
In fact, ActivePresenter is not only a video editor that works on Windows 7, it can work well on Windows 8x, MacOS X too. Added to that, using ActivePresenter, you are able to create interactive e-learning content. Some unique features are: free to record desktop video and audios, feature rich video editing tools in slide-based windows, export file to MKV, AVI, MP4, WebM in full HD quality without watermark. Take a look at our review and below introduction.
What is full feature rich editing tools in ActivePresenter?
Main applications: Screen Recording – Software Guides – Video Editing – eLearning Games – Software Simulation – Quiz Building.
Feature rich editing tools:
- Smart Capture Capture screen when mouse clicked or key pressed. Each action is captured as a slide which explains in details what the viewer/learner should follow to master the lesson.
- Full Motion Recording Record screen as a full motion video and embedded in a slide for further editing with annotations, voice-over, zoom-n-pan, closed captions and animation effects.
- Microphone & Speakers Recording Record system audio and audio from microphone simultaneously while recording screen.
- Audio & Video Editing Edit audio and video instantly without quality loss. Supported operations are cut, delete, crop, join, split, change volume, insert freeze frame.
- Shapes There are dozens of shapes to choose from. Changing the form and hotspot of a shape just by dragging mouse.
- Style (Color & Effect) Create polished and high quality screencast videos and training simulations with various line/fill/text styles and shadow effects.
- Interactivity The flexible event-action mechanism with rich event and action types allows defining different learning scenarios based on viewers’ responses at each step.
- Quizzes Create virtually any kind of assessments or surveys by using 9 quiz types.
- Slide Pool & Randomization Create professional random quizzes with slide pools & random slides to avoid viewers from remembering and predicting answers
- Video Export Export content to popular video formats including AVI, FLV, WMV, WebM, MP4. Balance between output size and video quality with frame rate, key frame, and quality options.
- HTML5 Export Export content to HTML5 Simulation which can run on any modern web browser and device (desktops, tablets, smartphones).
- SCORM & xAPI Support SCORM and xAPI, two most popular eLearning specifications which are widely supported by many Learning Management Systems.
4. Shotcut Free Video editor
The next free video editor I want to suggest you to try is Shotcut. This is absolutely one of the best free editing software on the market now. Like VSDC, Shotcut provides a wide range of editing tools for making professional movies easily without watermark. You will be surprised at what Shotcut bring to you in the editing package. It is not only included all basic editing tools but also unique, amazing features like Chroma key, blur effect, overlay and possibility to export videos to many output format at 60fps. Take a look at my full review about Shotcut here.
Shotcut full features
Wide Format Support
- Support for the latest audio and video formats thanks to FFmpeg
- Supports popular image formats such as BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, SVG, TGA, TIFF as well as image sequences
- No import required – native timeline editing
- Frame-accurate seeking for many formats
- Multi-format timeline: mix and match resolutions and frame rates within a project
- Webcam capture
- Audio capture
- Support for 4K resolutions
- Network stream playback (HTTP, HLS, RTMP, RTSP, MMS, UDP)
- Frei0r video generator plugins (e.g. color bars and plasma)
- Color, noise, and counter generators
- EDL (CMX3600 Edit Decision List) export
- Export single frame as image or video as image sequence
- Audio scopes: loudness, peak meter, waveform, spectrum analyzer
- Volume control
- Audio filters:
Balance, Bass & Treble, Band Pass, Compressor, Copy Channel, Delay, Downmix, Expander, Gain, High Pass, Limiter, Low Pass, Normlize: One Pass, Normalize: Two Pass, Notch, Pan, Reverb, Swap Channels
- Audio mixing across all tracks
- Fade in and out audio and fade video from and to black with easy-to-use fader controls on timeline
- Cross-fade audio and video dissolve transitions easily by overlapping shots on the same track of the timeline
- JACK transport sync
- Tone generator
- Video compositing across video tracks
- HTML5 (sans audio and video) as video source and filters
- 3-way (shadows, mids, highlights) color wheels for color correction and grading
- Eye dropper tool to pick neutral color for white balancing
- Fade in/out audio and fade video from and to black with easy-to-use fader controls on timeline
- Video wipe transitions:
bar, barn door, box, clock (radial), diagonal, iris, matrix, and custom gradient image
- Track compositing/blending modes:
Over, Add, Saturate, Multiply, Screen, Overlay, Darken, Dodge, Burn, Hard Light, Soft Light, Difference, Exclusion, HSL Hue, HSL Saturation, HSL Color, HSL Luminosity.
- Video Filters:
Alpha Channel: Adjust, Alpha Channel: View, Blur, Brightness, Chroma Key: Advanced, Chroma Key: Simple, Contrast, Color Grading, Crop, Diffusion, Glow, Invert Colors, Key Spill: Advanced, Key Spill: Simple, Lens Correction, 3D LUT, Mirror, Old Film: Dust, Old Film: Grain, Old Film: Projector, Old Film: Scratches, Old Film: Technocolor, Opacity, Rotate, Rutt-Etra-Izer, Saturation, Sepia Tone, Sharpen, Size and Position, Stabilize, Text, Vignette, Wave, White Balance
- Speed effect for audio/video clips
- Trimming on source clip player or timeline with ripple option
- Easy-to-use cut, copy, and paste operations
- Append, insert, overwrite, lift, and ripple delete editing on the timeline
- 3-point editing
- Hide, mute, and lock track controls
- Multitrack timeline with thumbnails and waveforms
- Unlimited undo and redo for playlist edits including a history view
- Create, play, edit, save, load, encode, and stream MLT XML projects (with auto-save)
- Save and load trimmed clip as MLT XML file
- Load and play complex MLT XML file as a clip
- Drag-n-drop files from file manager
- Scrubbing and transport control
Cross Platform & Codec Independent
- Cross platform support: available on Windows, Linux, and macOS (OS X)
- Codec independent so does not rely on system codecs
- Can run as a portable app from external drive
- UI translations: Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, French, Gaelic, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Occitan, Polish, Portugese, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Taiwanese, Turkish, Ukranian (not all 100%, but you can help
- Batch encoding with job control
- Encode/transcode to a variety of formats and codecs thanks to FFmpeg
- Stream (encode to IP) files and any capture source
- Video quality measurement (PSNR and SSIM)
- Perform integrity check of an audio/video file
- View detailed information about an audio/video file
Display and Monitoring
- External monitoring via Blackmagic Decklink card on NTSC monitor
- External monitoring on an extra system display/monitor
- UI themes/skins: native-OS look and custom dark and light
- Control video zoom in the player: fit viewable area (default), 50%, original (100%), and 200%
- Flexible UI through dock-able panels
- Detailed media properties panel
- Recent files panel with search
- Thumbnail and waveform caching between sessions
- Blackmagic Design SDI and HDMI for input and preview monitoring
- Leap Motion for jog/shuttle control
- Webcam capture
- Audio capture to system audio card
- Capture (record) SDI, HDMI, webcam (V4L2), JACK audio, PulseAudio, IP stream, and Windows DirectShow devices
- Multi-core parallel image processing (when not using GPU and frame-dropping is disabled)
- DeckLink SDI keyer output
- OpenGL GPU-based image processing with 16-bit floating point linear per color component
5. Lightwork v14 Free video editor
Finally, a professional video editor can work on your Windows 7 is Lightworks v14 which had been reviewed by our team recently. Lightworks is really good program. It has been used for creating many famous Hollywood films like The Wolf of Wall Street or The King’s Speech and so on. If you don’t mind its output video quality limitation (720p only), I highly suggest you try this program for editing video.
What make Lightworks the best free editing software for Windows 7 – from Lighworks?
For over 25 years Lightworks editor has been at the forefront of film editing, having been used on many of the finest films in cinema history: The Wolf of Wall Street, LA Confidential, Pulp Fiction, Heat, Road to Perdition, Hugo, The King’s Speech and many more! Now with the release of Lightworks v14.0 we have created the complete video creative package so everyone can make video that stands out from the crowd. Whether you need to make video for social media, YouTube or for a 4K film project, Lightworks makes it all possible!
Lightworks comes loaded with these amazing features:
- Simple & intuitive User Interface
- Easy timeline editing & trimming
- Real time ready to use audio & video FX
- Access amazing royalty-free audio & video content
- Lo-Res Proxy workflows for 4K
- Export video for YouTube/Vimeo, SD/HD, up to 4K
It also comes with hundred of tutorial video on YouTube to help users learn how to edit videos.
I am not 100% if these are “the best” free editors for you or not. But I can assure that they can work well on Windows 7 32 bit and 64 bit, even low spec computer like what I am using. I hope this article is helpful for you. Remember to follow us for more valuable post notifications in the future.
Related topic: Best video editor for Windows and Mac in 2017
Do you need a professional video editor for Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit? Take a look at this professional video editing software I’ve just reviewed couple days ago: VEGAS Pro 15 Review, Pros and Cons!