Camtasia vs Filmora video editor. Side-by-side comparison of TechSmith Camtasia and Filmora video editor of Wondershare. Find the better one in this article!
Overview about Camtasia and Filmora
Camtasia (or Camtasia Studio) is one of the most famous video editing software for creating short marketing videos, training videos, product demos and tutorials. The program is decent yet powerful for screencasting and creating training videos. However, you may wonder why its price is way too high in comparison with other video editing software available on the market now. That’s why we make this short comparison article. In this post, we picked Filmora video editor, which has many similarities.
Filmora video editor is also a non-linear video editing suite which has similar classic timeline editor like Camtasia. This program includes everthing you need from basic cutting, trimming, cropping features to advanced editing tools such as Chroma key, camera shake stabilizer etc.
We tested both programs and found out the key differences between them. Our detail reviews are at below links:
- Camtasia review with pros, cons and where to download.
- Filmora review with pros, cons and where to download.
Let’s make it clear now!
Camtasia and Filmora comparison table
|Vendor original||United State||China|
|License price||$249 per license||$59.99|
|Simple to use||Yes||Yes|
|Cut, trim, crop video||Yes||Yes|
|Multiple video track||Yes||No|
|Add clickable links||Yes||No|
|Text, filters, transitions effect||8/10||9/10|
|Edit 4K video||Yes||Yes|
|Edit 360 video||No||No|
|Export video speed||9/10||8/10|
|Trial time||30 days||No, free with watermark|
|Best for||Online training videos, product demos, how-to tutorials.||Short movies, music videos, promotional videos.|
Which one is better? Camtasia or Filmora?
In order to help you make your own decision, let’s me point out some major differences of these two programs from what I learned over the years.
1. Purpose of using software
These programs target difference customers or users. While Camtasia pays attention to professional training solution providers and viral marketing agencies, Filmora covers the market share of consumer users i.e individuals or home creators.
- Camtasia is especially convenient when you create a complete video training projects. For example, the program lets you record video, add annotations (many kind of ready to use annotations), export and share your results quickly. Camtasia’s screen recorder is truly amazing. It’s one of the best tool I’ve reviewed so far. Thus, making screencast videos for professional training courses is the main reason you want to buy Camtasia.
- Filmora comes in different perspective. It serves consumer users who often make video for uploading to YouTube or Facebook. Those kind of users need more flashy filters and more sparkling filters to attract viewers. This doesn’t mean you can’t make how-to videos with Filmora, but it’s not as convenient as doing with Camtasia.
2. User Friendliness
Both Camtasia & Filmora video editor provides user friendly interfaces and smart workflows that anyone can learn to use them quickly. There are big differences between two programs at all. You’ll feel comfortable working with them no mater your purposes are.
3. Differences in features
These programs are very similar to each other. It’s difficult to find our the differences. However, there are some key points that worth to consider.
- 30 fps vs 60 fps: The new Camtasia 2019 is now allowing you to edit and export video in 60 fps while Filmora is still 30 fps. Take into your account this huge difference when you make your decision.
- Screen recorder: Filmora does has a screen recorder that let you record video on your computer screen. However, this add-up tool can’t be compared with the most famous screen recording tool in the industry now.
- Multiple video tracks vs Single one: Camtasia allows you to arrange your video in multiple tracks while Filmora has only 1 video track. Edit video with multiple video tracks is really helpful when you work with big projects.
- Filmora has more beautiful effects than Camtasia. Consider this information if you’re YouTuber who often add stylish effects into your videos. Filmora is better than Camtasia in this spec.
- eLearning quizzes, survey and clickable links: These features are available in Camtasia only. Filmora does not have.
4. Pricing Detail
It’s easy to see that there is a huge difference here. Filmora lifetime license is only $59.99 for either Windows or Mac users. Camtasia full license is $249 lifetime.
Filmora often offers special discount coupon, such as this 20% off coupon on Jackydeals.com while Camtasia’s discount coupon rarely appear on the net.
5. Free vs Trial
- Filmora video editor is available to use for free with a watermark on your video. This means that you can try it as long as you want. All the features are the same with paid version.
- Camtasia offers 30 days trial only. After this period, you’ll have to decide to buy it or not.
Both Camtasia and Filmora are good video editors at their budget. You need to carefully consider your needs and your budget to decide which tool is suitable for you.
Buy Filmora Video Editor when you have a tight budget or have no relationship with making online training video courses. It is good enough for creating home movies and daily videos for YouTube and other social channels.
Buy Camtasia when you are getting started with creating professional online training courses, how-to tutorials for software, product reviews etc. This program is decent for making educational videos and e-learning content.
If you like our post, don’t hesitate to share it with your friends. Don’t forget to follow us to receive more valuable post notifications in the future.