When it comes to video editing, in order to create amazing viral video content, it doesn’t matter what kind of software or app you are going to use. Your content is the most important factor. However, if the captured footage is not as you wish, it’s when video editing software comes in. In today’s article, we’ll get you covered everything you need to know about video editing software for PC in this 5 minutes reading post.
Video Editing Software For PC – 5 Things You Must Know
- Nowadays, video editing software for PC has to be installed and used on your PC (laptop or desktop), not your smartphone or tablet. They are more complex programs than simple mobile editing applications. If you just want to combine some pictures or clips, captured by your smartphone, you don’t really need to install a video editing software on your PC.
- Most video editing software for PC require a high-end machine to optimize its performance as well as its stability. Normally, minimum system requirement is clearly noticed at the download page. Make sure that you read through it before downloading any of our suggestions.
- Most video editing software for PC is simple to use enough that you can learn in just minutes. However, there are some professional programs that are a little harder to use.
- Video editing software for PC license price depends a lot on the extra features, which you may never use them at all. For example, if you are going to produce video content for YouTube by screencasting, do you think that you really need color grading tools and audio mixer. Definitely NOT. You need to focus more on the screen recording tools.
- Not all video editing software for PC cost money. There are some great, free video editing software for PC available on the net now. Take a look at this article if you have limited budget.
Top 5 Good Video Editing Programs For Beginners
1. Filmora Video Editor – The easiest video editing program for beginners
Filmora video editor is the most simple to use video editing program we’ve reviewed. It lets you edit video in a smart and intuitive user interface. The program comes in to serve the people who don’t have much prior video editing experience. You can learn how to use the program within minutes in stead of weeks or months like other professional editing suites. Filmora is available on both Windows and Mac. It’s free to use without any feature limitation. However, there will be a watermark on the output in your free edition. To remove it, you’ll need to purchase a license at $59.99. Learn more about Filmora Video Editor in this review!
2. Movavi Video Editor
Similar to Filmora, Movavi video editor is the editing suite that every beginner should know. It’s simple to use, powerful and have everything you need to create stunning videos in minutes. The program has plethora of filters, transitions and pre-made text title for those of you who want to produce YouTube videos for personal or business channel. Again, Movavi Video Editor is not a free software, it is only available to try within 7 days as trial with a watermark on your output. Once you are satisfied with the program, you’ll need to go pro for $39.95 per license. It’s available for both Windows and Mac. Read more about Movavi Video Editor here!
3. VSDC Free Video Editor
What if you don’t want to be watermarked on your output? Take a look at this amazing free video editor from Videosoftdev. This is one of the most powerful free video editing software we’ve reviewed. It has everything needed to create any kind of video content at pro level with no cost. VSDC video editor supports 4K editing and has advanced audio tools, Chroma key, video stabilization tool too. The only concern about VSDC is the learning curve. You’ll have to spend a little more time to get things done with this editor. Read more about VSDC here!
ActivePresenter is my favorite program to cut, join, split and merge videos, add annotations, texts to video and export to MP4, AVI to upload to my YouTube channel. This program is my recommendation for those of you who want to start producing YouTube channel, specially software review or top rating channel. It’s simple to use and powerful enough for such purpose. ActivePresenter can be used on both Windows and Mac. No limitation in the output as well as no watermark. Read more about ActivePresenter here!
5. Camtasia 2018
TechSmith Camtasia has been known as an industry standard for creating online training videos as well as marketing videos for years. It comes in with dozen of fantastic professional editing features in an intuitive and smart video editing array. New users don’t need the whole day to figure out how it works. Compare to Filmora, Camtasia 2018 is way more powerful in terms of video rendering speed and annotation availability. However, it is much more pricey than Wondershare Filmora – $249 per license and 30 days trial. To learn more about Camtasia 2018, click here!
Selecting correct video editing software for your PC can help you save tons of time in your work. There are many options available on the market now. Make sure that you test the program carefully before you buy it. If you need any further help from us, don’t hesitate to contact us any time. Don’t forget to follow us to stay up-to-date with our latest post.