Looking to find a free video editor for making YouTube videos but you don’t have the budget for paid tools?
In this article, I’ve compiled a list of top 3 best free YouTube video editors for beginners to help you save your time. All the software I mentioned below are completely free, safe, easy to use, fast rendering speed and do not insert watermark into your videos. However, you need to carefully consider your needs, as well as video editing skills to be able to choose the most appropriate software.
DaVinci Resolve offers a wide array of powerful features, high-end video editing tool completely free. It is one of the best free video editors for making YouTube videos. It has everything you need to make professional YouTube videos without any restriction. You can edit and export 4K video without watermark on the output files. Davinci Resolve color grading tools has been the best in the industries for years.
Despite the hardware requirements are relatively high and steep learning curve, it’s our first recommendation when it comes to free YouTube video editor.
- User-friendly workflow.
- The free version includes many advanced features like masking tool, motion tracking, video keyframe and lots of video effects and transitions.
- Support wide range of formats.
- Edit and export 4K video without watermarks.
Another great free option for making YouTube videos is VSDC free video editor (for Windows only). Just like Davinci resolve, this software includes everything you need to make amazing YouTube videos. It offers a wide variety of basic and advance video editing tools. It’s not only free, safe and easy to use but also capable of editing 4k videos. That’s not to mention That’s not to mention the hardware requirements are much lower than Davinci resolve. You can easily edit YouTube videos with VSDC on low-end computers. Here is a quick tutorial for beginners:
- Lightweight and user-friendly interface.
- Support editing 4K videos.
- Load of video effect, filters and transitions in free version.
- Has advance features such as chroma key, masking tools, color grading options.
- Video publishing speed is very fast.
Shotcut is another great free YouTube video editor you can try without spending any money. This video editor is completely free to use, no watermark on the output, safe and powerful enough for making any type of YouTube videos. If you do not have any video editing skills, Shotcut will be a better choice than the above mentioned programs. Shotcut has a fairly simple interface and editing work flow. You just need to put your footage into the library, bring it down to the timeline, all cut, split video action, add effects are performed via drag and drop actions. Because it is designed for beginners, some advanced features may not work very well. In return, you do not need to spend a lot of time to learn how to master this software. Take a look at my below tutorial for beginners to understand how to use Shotcut.
- Easy to use and lightweight.
- No watermark on the outputs.
- Support 4K videos.
- Has advance features: chroma key, video keyframe.
- Load of filters.
- Fast video rendering speed.
The Bottom Line
I hope the above information is helpful for you. Choosing a video editor is just as important as choosing a weapon at the battlefield. If you choose the right software, it will help you to make videos faster and save your time. And vice versa, stupid software will make your video editing very frustrated.
Just in case, if you need a video editor for making YouTube videos a lot easier, with an affordable license price, I would recommend you try follow programs:
- Filmora 9 video editor – A simple to use, and powerful video editor for making YouTube videos. This program has everything you need to make amazing movies, software tutorials, product reviews and more. Filmora 9 lifetime license price is $69.99 only. 31% off discount coupon code is available here.
- Movavi Video Editor Plus 2020 – Another easy to use, and lightweight video editor for beginners. This program offers a wide variety of basic and advance features for making YouTube videos. License price is $59.95 only.
To learn more about affordable video editors for beginners, read this article.
If you have any question, don’t hesitate to contact us any time.
Affiliate disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. I will earn a small commission when you purchase the product from the vendor’s site. This commission does not affect the price you pay in any circumstances.