What ever you want to produce, using the right software is the key to your success. This article covers 2 best software you can use to create YouTube education videos faster and easier than any other existing tools on the web. Let’s dive in now!
It’s undeniable that YouTube is the largest video sharing platform in the world now. The number of monthly log in users is about 1.9 billion thanks to an announcement of Susan Wojcicki – CEO of YouTube, in July 2018. About 1 billion people watch educational videos on YouTube everyday. Added to that, Learning & Education is one of 5 top priorities that YouTube is focusing on.
There are different ways to create a video to tell your stories. Deciding what type of educational video content to create depends very much on your own perspective, your knowledge and skills. You can start your channel by making funny clips, football highlights, daily hot news, learning video for kids or screencast videos, software demonstrations, how-to tutorials videos, tips and tricks etc. As said, what ever you want to produce, make sure that you use the right tools. If you choose to create educational videos, use my below suggestions. They won’t let you down, for sure!
2 Best Software To Create YouTube Educational Videos
When it comes to creating learning videos, ActivePresenter is no doubt one of the most powerful tools you can use now. This decent all-in-one eLearning authoring tool has everything you need to create highly instructional videos for publishing to either video sharing platforms like YouTube, Twitch, Vimeo or your specific learning management system (LMS). To learn more about ActivePresenter, read our detail review here!
Key features of ActivePresenter
- Advanced recording features: Full Motion Recording, Smart Capture
- Video editing: Cut, Crop, Join, Change Volume, Speed Up, Slow Down
- Multiple Audio/Video Layers
- Rich annotations: Shapes, Image, Zoom-n-Pan, Closed Caption, Cursor Path, Audio/Video Overlays
- Smart Annotation
- Themes & Templates
- Export to: MP4, WebM, MKV, AVI, WMV
- Export to: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Adobe PDF, HTML
- Commercial Use
- Advanced Audio/Video Effects: Fade In, Fade Out, Noise Reduction, Blur, Green Screen
- HTML5 Export
- Fully Responsive Design
- Interactions: Button, Mouse Click, Text Input, Drag & Drop, Keystroke
- Quiz: 9 Types of Questions
- Report & Tracking in LMS (SCORM, xAPI)
- Free edition for non commercial use.
- Standard Edition for YouTubers: $199 per lifetime.
- Professional Edition for eLearning: $399 per lifetime.
2. TechSmith Camtasia
TechSmith Camtasia has been the screencast industry standard for decades. Camtasia makes it easy to record video on the screen and create polished, professional-looking videos. This program includes one of the best screen recorder and decent video editor with tons of useful annotation tools and video effects to save your creation time. Camtasia also comes with a collection video assets such as intros, outros and lower third videos plus customized themes. It’s a perfect tool for creating training modules, marketing videos and compelling presentations. Read this review to learn more about TechSmith Camtasia!
Camtasia’s key features and limitation
- Camtasia’s Screen Recorder: Camtasia lets you record full screen, customized resolution, record webcam, record audio and a locked application like what you have with ActivePresenter. You can also add and customize system stamps or caption in your recording.
- Camtasia’s real-time effects include: Pen, Arrow, Line, Eclipse, Frame, Highlight which you can chance color and width easily. Those tools are ideal for making how-to and training videos that many users want to have.
- Camtasia’s video editor: The 2nd part of TechSmith Camtasia is its built-in video editor where you can edit your recorded footage, add existing clips into the timeline for editing. By using Camtasia’s ready-made Annotations such as Callouts, Arrow & Lines, Shapes; transitions; behaviors and animations, you can create professional videos at minimum effort.
- TechSmith does not provide a free version of Camtasia like some other professional video editing software developers do. You can’t use Camtasia after their 30 days trial period. If you want to continue using this software, you have to purchase a paid license.
- Free trial in 30 days.
- Lifetime license for 1 PC/Mac: $249.
I hope this piece of information can help you save your time and effort looking for educational video maker for your new YouTube channel. If you have any question about these programs, don’t hesitate to contact me any time. Don’t forget to follow my blog to keep you up-to-date with our latest news.
I should like to use this software..